Company Name: Nylas
Location: San Francisco, CA
Type: Full Time
As our Workplace & Events Specialist, you will have the opportunity to engage teammates and leaders with an enthusiastic and service-minded approach. You will be wearing multiple hats within the areas of workplace operations, events, employee engagement and people operations. This is an individual contributor role reporting to the Manager of Workplace & Events.
What You’ll Do
- Lead and manage all day-to-day office operations and programs in the San Francisco office and assist with other office locations as the company scales.
- Event Planning to include venue sourcing, contract negotiations and budget management.
- Facilities management to include owning the building and office access process, managing vendors (janitorial, snack, catering), working with property management to address building/office concerns and see through to resolution.
- Food & Beverage program assistance to ensure that our team members are well fed and have plenty of stocked snacks and drinks.
- Own the new hire swag program to ensure all new hires are welcomed with great gear.
- Assist with team gifts and company swag selections and purchases.
- Work with the people team to ensure standard operating procedures are in place for programs supported by the team globally.
- Make recommendations on program changes and conduct cost/benefit analysis of potential operational improvements.
- Manage the intake process of communications and inquiries from employees via our internal ticketing system.
- Assist with ad hoc projects that inevitably come up when you’re in a hyper growth startup!
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years of experience in office management or facilities management, preferably in a tech environment.
- 3+ years of experience in event planning and management.
- Willingness to be in office two to three days per week.
- Proven project management experience and demonstrated ability to drive process improvements.
- Self-motivated and dedicated; able to work and problem-solve independently.
- Proactive and contributive; takes initiative and follows-through reliably.
- Accustomed to multitasking, prioritizing and meeting multiple tight deadlines.
- Comfortable with Ambiguity.
- Organized, detail oriented, and a speedy learner; you can be successful on our team if you’re excited about learning, focused on becoming an expert in the areas you support, and have the drive to succeed.
Perks & Benefits
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO): we take this very seriously as we care about the well-being of our employees
- Healthcare: 90% premium coverage for medical, dental and vision for you and your family
- One Medical onsite and tele-health membership for you and dependents
- Additional: Health and DC FSA, Life insurance, with options for STD, LTD
- Retirement Plan: match up to 1% of annual salary for 401k or RRSP contributions
- Education Stipend: $1k annual education & development benefit
- Perk card: $150 per month towards health, wellness, and other perks via Assembly
- Cell Phone: $50 per month stipend towards cell phone reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks parental leave (maternity & paternity)
- Nylas is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Nylas is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Nylas is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also EEO is the Law.