Company Name: OneStream
Location: Remote, USA
Type: Full Time
Benefits Offered Vision, Medical, Life, Dental, 401K
Compensation $190,000.00- $250,000.00 (Range applies to US candidates only) + Benefits/Variable Comp./Equity – Range may vary based on experience.
OneStream is looking for a Vice President of Global Customer Programs and Events to join our Marketing team. The Vice President, Global Customer Programs and Events is responsible for developing and executing strategies to drive customer engagement, adoption, growth and retention across all aspects of buyer journey and customer experience (CX). This includes but is not limited to developing and executing a comprehensive strategy to curate customer centric programs, user groups and advocacy efforts as well as oversight and ownership of global event and conference strategies to support OneStream’s corporate objectives.
This position will report to our SVP Global Product and Customer Experience (CX) Marketing, while working closely across all aspects of OneStream’s sales, marketing, product management, customer success, education services teams as an established thought leader, business partner and evangelist for OneStream’s global customer experience (CX) marketing and corporate event strategies.
- Owner of Global Customer Adoption Marketing & Corporate Event Strategy: Lead a comprehensive customer adoption marketing and corporate event function focusing on maximizing the customer experience and buyer journey – with specific focus on amplifying OneStream’s global brand, elevating customer success stories, increasing pipeline velocity and win rates while delivering highly curated programs to drive software adoption, customer advocacy, customer satisfaction, loyalty, retention and growth to increase customer lifetime value.
- Team Leadership: Building, leading and nurturing a team of customer adoption marketing and event marketing professionals to execute strategies effectively.
- Data Analysis: Utilizing data analytics to gain insights into event and program outcomes across the customer experience, impact to customer behavior and preferences, and using this data to make informed marketing decisions.
- Global Event Portfolio Management: Identifying, evaluating, and selecting the most relevant events to participate in based on target audience and business objectives. Drive continuous improvement to customer experience and event ROI.
- Segmentation: Identifying prospects and customer segments and tailoring event strategy and customer programs to address their specific needs and preferences.
- Customer Program Management & Advocacy: Overseeing customer-focused marketing programs including email marketing, loyalty programs, and customer user groups. Promoting customer advocacy through programs that encourage customers to refer others, write reviews, or participate in case studies.
- Customer User Groups and Thought Leadership: Facilitate global executive and user groups to discuss key industry topics, drive customer adoption and gather customer feedback to improve products, services, and the overall customer experience.
- Global Event Strategy and Programming: Define the strategy, objectives, delegation, setting up the event team and PMO, defining target audiences, event curation, speaker placements, and coordinating program/ customer engagement across 3rd party events, trade shows, conferences and proprietary events.
- Global Event Amplification: Crafting a compelling narrative for the event, identifying the key content supporting the narrative, and coordinating an integrated multi-channel coms plan across digital, media, social media, internal enablement and activation, etc.
- Global Event Production & Logistics: Sourcing, production, vendor and agency management, travel, accommodations, registrations, and invitations.
- Budget Management: Development of key planning process and budget execution for global events and customer adoption marketing initiatives and optimizing spending to achieve desired outcomes.
- Post-Event Analysis: Conducting post-event debriefs and analysis to gather insights and recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Technology Integration: Leveraging technology and event management platforms to streamline event planning and execution. Collaborate with marketing analytics and marketing operations teams in technology design, implementation and execution.
- Compliance and Risk Management: Ensuring that events comply with legal and regulatory requirements and managing potential risks associated with event participation.
- Industry Trends: Staying current with industry trends and innovations in customer adoption and event marketing to keep the company’s strategies competitive.
- Market Research: Keeping up with industry trends and competitor activities to ensure the company’s customer adoption marketing and event strategies remain competitive.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Collaborating with sales, pre-sales, alliances, marketing, customer success, education services, product management and other key departments to align customer marketing efforts with the company’s goals.
- Metrics and KPIs: Establish, manage and report key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the effectiveness of customer adoption marketing and global events initiatives and regularly reporting on results to company leadership. Collaborate with marketing analytics, marketing operations and Finance teams in design, implementation and execution of analytical processes.
QUALITIES OF A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
Formal Education and Certification
- Bachelor’s and/or advanced degree in a related field such as Marketing, Business Administration, Communications, Event Management or equivalent work experience.
Knowledge and Experience
- 15 years of progressive leadership roles in B2B SaaS or technology-related companies. With experience in building and mentoring high-performing teams.
- 10 years’ experience successfully planning and executing large-scale customer marketing strategies, customer advocacy, user groups, events, including trade shows, conferences, and user conventions.
- Experience in global leadership positions within customer marketing, event marketing, event planning, or event management, demonstrating the ability to oversee and manage global teams.
- Developed a long-term strategic vision, built consensus and drove execution that aligns with the company’s overall business strategy.
- A deep understanding of customer-centric marketing strategies and the ability to leverage customer insights to drive marketing initiatives.
- Proficiency in customer segmentation, persona development, and customer journey mapping.
- Experience using data and analytics to measure and optimize customer marketing campaigns. In addition, analyzing data and metrics to make data-driven decisions.
- Development of compelling content tailored to the needs and interests of prospects and existing customers, including case studies, webinars, educational resources, and newsletters. Ability to leverage content strategies to curate event program design.
- Experience in content strategy and curation to deliver valuable and engaging event experiences.
- Skills in budget management and financial planning to optimize event and customer program ROI.
- Proficiency in event management software, CRM systems, marketing automation tools, and analytics platforms
Nice to Have
- Public company experience strongly preferred.
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams, including product management, sales, customer support, and others, to align customer marketing strategies with overall business objectives.
- A strong track record of developing and implementing strategies to retain existing customers and turn them into advocates.
- A strong network within the customer marketing and events industry, including connections with vendors, partners, and potential speakers.
- Creation and management of customer advocacy and tailored event programs that involve satisfied customers in promoting the company’s products and services across the end-to-end customer journey.
- Strong leadership skills, including building and mentoring high-performing event teams, setting strategic objectives, and manage budgets effectively.
- Strong negotiating skills with proven ability to build and maintain relationships
- Strong communication skills with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities across customer programs and events while maintaining high-quality standards
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think strategically to overcome obstacles and achieve
- Deep consideration for both cross-functional partners, customers, prospects and vendors, with a strong customer-centricity and experience serving as the voice of the customer
- Professional, positive, creative thinker, and spirited team collaborator
- Excellent presentation skills to effectively convey customer adoption marketing, event strategies and outcomes to stakeholders.
- Team player with flexibility to accommodate different perspectives and working styles at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated exceptional project management, organization and planning skills applied in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment
- Ability to influence and collaborate across all levels of the company
- Continuously challenges the status-quo, looks for innovative solutions that help simplify processes and build for scale while maximizing the customer experience
- The ability to establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders both internally and externally.
- The ability to adapt to changing event formats, unexpected challenges or crises that may arise during events, ensuring minimal disruption and a mindset focused on innovation and staying up-to-date with the latest event technologies and trends.
- Legally authorized to work for any company in the United States without sponsorship.
WHO WE ARE
OneStream® is an independent software company backed by private equity investors. OneStream provides an intelligent finance platform built to enable confident decision-making and maximize business impact.
OneStream unleashes organizational value by unifying data management, financial close and consolidation, planning, reporting, analytics, and machine learning. We empower Finance and Operations teams with AI-enabled insights to make faster and more intelligent decisions every single day. All in a single, modern CPM platform designed to continually evolve and scale with your organization. To learn more visit www.onestream.com.
WHY JOIN THE ONESTREAM TEAM
- Transparency around corporate structure, salary, and benefits
- Core value of customer success
- Variety of project work (not industry specific)
- Strong culture and camaraderie
- Multiple training opportunities
Benefits at OneStream Software
OneStream employees are passionate, hardworking individuals who go above and beyond to keep our customers happy and follow through on our mission statement. They consistently deliver the best and in turn, we make every effort to keep them cared for and happy. A sample of the benefits we provide are:
- Excellent Medical Plan
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Vacation Time
- Paid Holidays
- Professional Development
- Retirement Plan
OneStream Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.