Company Name: Emerald
Location: United States (Remote)
Type: Full Time
Emerald is seeking a Vice President to launch a new brand, in collaboration with an industry leader, focused on professional Basketball lifestyle and culture. The goal of this brand is to create the leading consumer basketball event and digital platform both in the US and internationally.
The Vice President will be responsible for the inception, design, and execution of the entire Brand Launch liaising with a major league partner. The VP will be responsible for the overall management and growth of the portfolio, including achieving and setting annual and long-term revenue and profitability targets, outlining the strategic direction for the Brand, and ensuring that Sales, Marketing and Operations teams working on the Brand are all coordinated and executing their work efficiently. The VP will forecast the resources needed and ensure that they are properly aligned to meet the business goals and inspire the team to achieve them. The VP will own the P&L and all analytics for the Brand, and continuously monitor the business and market performance to adapt plans as needed.
Emerald is looking to create a leading B2C brand and eager to engage with candidates who are truly passionate about Basketball and its culture, innovative solutions/products, with a love to build, create, and the know how to drive significant financial results. Candidates must be highly accountable and action oriented, with the ability to pivot quickly to drive the success of a new launch. Ultimately the VP must bring a strategic leadership background, strong business acumen, broad network within the sports lifestyle and culture ecosystem, a proven track record of successful launches, and the ability to build a brand through content, audience acquisition or events.
This position can be performed from any of our US-based offices or remotely from anywhere within the US.
- Manage a strategic relationship with a key partner, balancing short term priorities, and long-term strategic objectives
- Build and launch a unique offering around tickets, activations, and merchandise sales
- Conceptualize and oversee merchandise collaborations with various partners and vendors to deliver unique best in class limited edition products
- Establish and lead a new team dedicated to the brand
- Liaise, collaborate, identify opportunities and work closely with the major league partner
- Manage contractors and agencies
- Continue to evolve and develop strategic and long-term goals based on analysis of business conditions annually
- Track, monitor, and evaluate results to ensure growth and profitability and adjusts as needed
- Identify and develop strategic business relationships with current and potential customers, associations and has an active role and focus on leading sales to top customers and achieving financial targets
- Develop and monitor budgets, forecasts and growth plans aligned with strategy
- Align business goals, processes, resource allocation and value proposition with the strategy
- Ensure we have the right skills and structure within the brand for organizational health
- Keep leadership abreast of changes in the industry, impact of events on the business climate and incorporates relevant trend data into all plans
- Demonstrated success leading the launch of new offerings or brands, including strategic planning, marketing, sales, and full ownership of a P&L for a business unit/brand of >$10M
- A proven ability to create and execute revenue, budget, and growth strategies for consumer live events and/or festivals
- Clear, concise communication style with the ability to flex communication style to engage and influence our partner, internal collaborators, and external parties
- Ability to negotiate, seek win/win solutions and balance the needs and requirements of multiple stakeholders
- Ability to successfully navigate corporate and business operations to effectively collaborate, identify solutions and internal champions, and avoid bottlenecks
- Proven ability to create and execute strategies that drive revenue for a fast-growing, evolving events brand
- Highly goal driven with a strong sense of urgency, with the ability to effectively plan for and address challenges as they arise
- Market research capabilities, with the ability to analyze and synthesize market and audience research to influence strategies understand the markets and audience we serve
- Exceptional leadership capabilities, with a demonstrated ability to motivate and inspire a team to reach high goals, and develop/mentor junior staff
- Ability to travel
- Degree not required
To support our commitment to provide a healthy and safe work environment we require all of our team members to have received the COVID-19 vaccine. We utilize CLEAR as our verification partner.
Emerald’s talented and experienced teams grow our customers’ businesses 365 days a year with products that create connections, deliver content, and drive commerce. We produce over 140 annual events, create and deliver content through print and digital channels, and power commerce through our seamlessly integrated in-person and digital platforms and channels. For more information, please visit http://www.emeraldx.com.
At Emerald, we strive to foster a diverse and inclusive community. We actively recruit and champion candidates who bring new perspectives from varied professional backgrounds and experiences, and we are intentional about ensuring a positive hiring experience for everyone. Our job postings don’t contain experience inflation, and most don’t require college degrees. Instead, they’re crafted to focus on outcomes and transferable experiences that are assessed in a structured interview process carried out by trained hiring teams.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Target Compensation: $140,000-160,000 (Bonus eligible)
Please note that this range reflects a reasonable estimate of the target compensation for this position. This range may ultimately vary based on a candidate’s qualifications and may be higher where required by applicable law.
We offer a competitive benefits package designed to strengthen our employees’ physical and mental health, including unlimited vacation for exempt employees, flexible working locations, 401(k) plan with a company match, medical/dental/vision coverage with inclusive provisions including transgender services and fertility benefits, parental and caregiver leave, dependent, commuter and FSA benefits, professional development programs like Toastmasters, and mental wellness tools such as the Headspace app and weekly guided meditation programs.
If you need accommodation in our application process or have questions about our posted salary range, please email our Talent Acquisition team at Careers@EmeraldX.com.