Company Name: Experian
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Type: Full Time
Experian is primed for growth and searching for the most talented and innovative people to join our family and take us to new heights. We are seeking a creative, energetic self-starter to join our growing team. The Event Manager position requires 5+ years previous experience in the tradeshow and events industry. Strong project management skills, attention to detail and ability to meet multiple deadlines. Top-notch customer service skills required to interact with high-touch clients and senior leadership. Individual thrives in a high performing team with a fast-paced, multi-project, collaborative environment.
- Ability to be onsite for event support in our Costa Mesa, CA campus as required.
- Manage the strategy, execution and logistics of trade shows and client events to achieve business objectives.
- Assist sales and marketing in determining which tradeshows & events are strategically critical. Recommend level and style of participation along with staff in attendance. Ensure high quality presence at each event needed.
- Work closely with Event and Marketing leadership – plus other internal stakeholders and external vendor partners to ensure collaboration, standard procedures, optimum efficiencies, and results. Educate cross-functional teams, provide direction, and establish solutions where appropriate.
- Develop, manage, and lead event plans for strategy, logistics, promotional items
- Ability to create and manage Cvent Registration platform to include websites, deploy communications,and produce registration reports.
- Partner with tradeshow display house to create and manage booth materials, promotional items, and marketing material inventory.
- Negotiate and contract with vendor/suppliers for best arrangements within budget.
- Manage all tradeshow & event services and vendors including event service orders, registrations lists, housing lists, audio visual orders, room set-ups, meeting materials and catering/menus.
- Assist in creating and proofing content for virtual & physical event booths, web site, event emails and other event materials.
- Maintain detailed administrative and procedural processes to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Create agenda, supply advance materials, and execute follow-up for briefings and events.
- Work with the Director of Events and Finance in reconciling event cost center budgets and providing future event budget estimates.
- Work with internal teams to create and manage project timelines for events deliverables, including those that involve outside vendors, and various Experian business units.
- Work directly with various levels of Experian management, outside vendors, hotel/venue suppliers and Experian clients.
- Keep abreast of industry trends, technology and share best practices.
- Support survey summary report development and other post-event metrics to identify success and areas of opportunity.
- Support efforts to develop and maintain relevant event databases and mailing lists.
- Provide onsite support at events when assigned.
- Bring energy, creativity, and new ideas to contribute to a successful team.
- Demonstrate event planning and event management standard methodologies.
- Strong communication skills are needed to work with cross-department and cross-function teams.
- Must reside in Southern California with the ability to go into our Costa Mesa campus as needed.
- 5+ years minimum event support experience, preferably in a corporate environment.
- 1+ year experience hosting virtual events required; within MS Teams and Webex required.
- Strong experience within Cvent online registration management software is required. Skilled in creating registration websites & registration sites, uploading lists, deploying communications, and extracting reports.
- Understand production requirements and timelines of tradeshow & event production.
- Experience with Wrike project tracking application required.
- Experience in Salesforce and Terminus engagement hub is desired.
- Experience with Alchemer survey software is desired.
- Basic Knowledge of Adobe or Canva is a plus.
- Proficiently with MS Office; especially Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills with ability to collaborate with various team members and work under tight deadline pressures.
- Ability to work independently and/or as part of a team and demonstrate initiative, as well as act quickly & decisively with solutions to unexpected issues.
- Familiarity with event accounting and billing processes.
- Excellent communication skills needed for vendor relations, client interaction and stakeholder presentations.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and track record of successful execution of multiple events with opposing priorities.
- Strong program, project, and time management skills – highly organized, detail focused, results driven, accountable with the ability to handle stress and last-minute, urgent requests.
- Undergraduate degree is required, preferably in event management, marketing, or communications.
- Salaried, Exempt
- Full-time, Permanent
- Position is based in Costa Mesa, CA
- Travel Required – 25%
- Remote position, with ability to be on-site in Costa Mesa, CA campus when required.
Working for a leading FTSE 50 global information services company is just one of the rewards of joining Experian. Our benefits package is designed to reward contribution and loyalty and to attract the kind of talented individuals who have their pick of employers. We offer a highly competitive package comprising:
- Competitive base salary
- Aggressive bonus plan
- Core benefits including full medical, dental, vision, matching 401K, and the opportunity to work with a global leader.
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. For us, this is The Power of YOU and and it reflects what we believe. See our DEI work in action!