Company Name: ZEISS Group
Location: Dublin, CA
Type: Full Time
The Trade Show & Events Manager will lead the planning and logistical operations of Carl Zeiss Meditec Inc.’s participation in complex trade shows, events, seminars, and meetings.
This role will direct cross functional staff and vendors to execute tradeshows, meetings and events to consistent high standards. Set daily priorities based on individual tradeshow calendar and deadlines. Act independently to make important decisions with minimal supervision. Elevate the comprehensive tradeshow experience — from planning through execution — by creating exceptional experiences under extremely demanding conditions.
- Lead, direct and motivate cross-functional team members and vendors to execute participation in tradeshows, meetings and events to high standards
- Travel to trade show event locations and lead booth install, de-install, and on-site booth management
- Lead booth layout, according to marketing and sales strategy, budget, and brand guidelines
- Lead new booth design efforts, in collaboration with global tradeshow team and according to marketing and sales strategy, budget and brand guidelines
- Create and manage ancillary events
- Create and manage support staffing plans for tradeshows and ancillary events, when needed
- Create and manage detailed budgets up to $1.5M per event; provide monthly reporting
- Track and process accounting, to include accuracy of invoices and timely payment processing
- Negotiate pricing and contracts with vendors
- Schedule and lead regular tradeshow and event planning meetings in collaboration with Marketing and Sales leadership
- Provide regular status communications to stakeholders in collaboration with Marketing Communications, Marketing and Sales leadership
- Manage Housing
- Consolidate, coordinate and process inventory and non-released equipment requests
- Lead and formalize post-event debrief’s
- Submit Sunshine reporting in collaboration with Marketing Communications
- Provide support staffing to tradeshow team
- Utilize standard digital tools to manage tradeshows and communications
- Monitor competitors and industry for trends and shifts in market
- Other duties as assigned.
The annual salary range for this position:
- California Area $82,400 – $103,000
This position is also eligible for a performance bonus.
- Four-year college degree
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in complex national tradeshow and event coordination.
- Must have prior experience in marketing, minimum six (6) years.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and must be a team player.
- Must show demonstrated success managing non-reporting cross functional teams
- Must be able to work independently and take initiative in problem solving and decision-making.
- Ability to analyze the entire planning process and execute preventative measures to insure requirements are achieved.
- Excellent written, verbal and organizational skills.
- Must be able to prioritize and handle a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Prior medical tradeshow experience preferred