Company Name: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a self-directed and experienced Trade Show Event Manager to plan and manage the execution of some of our most strategic third-party events. The Trade Show Event Manager is an integral part of the Global Marketing Programs team who will partner across the organization with internal teams such as industry marketing, product marketing, business development, field marketing, digital marketing, as well as external agencies to deliver bar raising events for our customers. You will utilize exceptional project management skills to manage pre-event communication and post-event follow-up to optimize lead generation opportunities. This highly motivated and extremely organized candidate must have experience planning complex in-person, hybrid, and virtual events, managing projects happening concurrently, exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and experience working with multiple global stakeholders. Some of the shows supported by this team include Consumer Electronics Show (CES), National Retail Conference (NRF), Mobile World Congress (MWC), Dreamforce, Gartner Data & Analytics, and Gartner IT Symposium along with other events aligned to key business initiatives. This person will need to work effectively within a small team and think strategically, while also rolling up their sleeves and getting stuff done – no detail will be too small and they’ll never say “that’s not my job”. They’ll obsess over details, display poise and sophistication in fast-moving situations, embrace ambiguity, and deliver results.
Key Job Responsibilities
- This role is open to seating at any US-based AWS corporate office. Relocation assistance to one of these locations from within the US only.
- This role travels up to 20-30% of its time, including internationally.
- Partner with event team including producers, stakeholders, and other internal partners to develop and deliver outstanding attendee experiences.
- Apply strong project management, documentation, analytics, and reporting skills.
- Manage external supplier/agencies and venues to coordinate a wide range of services, including space allocation, traditional and digital signage, attendee flows, security, food & beverage, temp staff sourcing and management, transportation, giveaways, etc.
- 5+ years of professional non-internship marketing experience
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data
- Experience building, executing and scaling cross-functional programs or marketing campaigns from concept to completion
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally, including weekends (some holidays) and stays up to a week to attend highly strategic events, or to spot-check vendor execution, and ensure AWS processes are being adhered to onsite at trade shows.
- Experience using customer research, hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, generate forecasts, and assess the efficacy of marketing programs
- Motivated self-starter with a bias for action and who thrives on working in complex and challenging environments of a rapidly evolving business.
- Decisive, action-oriented, and able to motivate, inspire, and lead cross-functional teams in different geographies and business units.
- Attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities.
- Strong project management skills, analytical ability, both creative and strategic thinking.
- Effective written and verbal communication.
- Experience managing vendor teams, and supervising staff and crew.
- Excellent budget management skills.
- Experience using Salesforce or marketing automation platforms (e.g. Marketo).
- Experience in-house at a large, high-visibility technology company.
- Demonstrated experience in working with product and lead generation teams, using events as activity to support awareness, relationship building and/or lead generation and reporting ROI.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.