Company Name: Waters Corporation
Location: Milford, MA
Type: Full Time
Water’s Milford office is looking for an experienced Trade Show/Event Planner to support the Event Team in the successful planning and execution of our trade show program with an opportunity to plan some external events as needed. The nature of this position requires inside contact with company employees at all levels as well as contact with outside associations and vendors.
- Work with business line to develop annual list of trade shows for assigned markets
- Research new industry trade shows and conferences and make recommendations on Waters presence
- Make recommendations on communication tools to promote Waters presence at each event
- Work with strategic communication team on strategic development and execution of mar comm. deliverables
- As the main point-of-contact for show management, venues and vendors, this person will communicate project needs, get quotes/estimates, confirm rules/regulations from the event show management grasp & execute logistical plans, floor plans and space allocations. Manage all ordering booth space, show services, materials shipment, mailing lists, registration, housing, etc.
- Manage relationships with a variety of vendors, including the General Contractor (rigging, electrical, materials), A/V, Labor, F&B, Reg, Housing, and others
- Promote the Waters brand through sponsorships and advertising at shows
- Research and make recommendations to supervisor on new trade show tools/technology to enhance Waters presence
- Work with business lines to develop/manage list of instruments/equipment to be displayed in the booth
- Issue trade show details to team members and other groups as needed
- Track all marketing communications deliverables needed for event
- Participate in kick-off meetings, vendor meetings and team meetings. Taking and distributing detailed notes as needed and providing timely updates
- Develop show budgets and spend according to plan. Track all charges, purchase orders, invoices and overall budget per show.
- Maintain electronic history for all projects
- On-site management of larger tradeshows to support install, execution, labor, dismantle. Larger events will require assistance in the booth.
- Other projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, preferably in trade show or event planning.
- Experience: 5+ years direct experience with industry trade shows, events and exhibits preferred
- CTSM strongly preferred
- Experience/knowledge of the Cvent Event Management software program is helpful
- Life Sciences, Health Sciences, Healthcare, Medical Device or Pharmaceutical experience strongly preferred
- Strong verbal, written & communication skills , you listen, keep accurate notes, write and speak clearly
- Excellent communication, collaboration, project management, analytical and organization skills
- Attention to detail , deadline driven, able to prioritize
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment and able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously, and be flexible
- Ability to work as part of a team and lead cross-functional teams (some international)
- Self-motivated, self-challenging, decisive, responsive and fast acting
- Interest in technology/new tools