Company Name: Citi
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
The SVP is accountable for management of complex/critical/large experiential activations supporting Citi business across the U.S. consumer function, including retail and cards. This role leads and directs a small team of event professionals and requires a comprehensive understanding of experiential marketing and strategy and how to achieve business objectives. Strong commercial awareness is a necessity. Excellent communication skills required to negotiate internally, often at a senior level, as well as with external partners and clients. Accountable for the end results of your area, including team resources, agency support, budgets, and project activations.
- Responsible for all aspects of multiple activations per year as well as participation in high-profile market expansion activities
- Run point on managing assigned events pipeline, as well as executing each event against core marketing objective and KPIs
- Strategically work with executives to facilitate proactive engagement of clients and managers through marketing supported experiences
- Partner with internal stakeholders responsible for key brand initiatives across various business segments including Retail, Cards and Branch for potential integrations
- Partners with Senior Management to identify target audience for events.
- Partners with Marketing Communications Department to create all event collateral and ensures distribution to appropriate channels
- Leads team by providing coaching, coordinating work and serving as project leader/project manager.
- Responsible for staying within budget guidelines for events and activations managed
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 10-12 years of relevant experience
- Excellent Event Management skills required for position
- Field marketing/activation experience desirable
- Experience managing a team and agencies
- Ability to multitask while overseeing several activations and multiple priorities at the same time.
- Must be a team player and willing to help others on the team when needed
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred