Company Name: Salesforce
Location: North Dakota, United States
Type: Full Time
Event Technology is made of technologists and program managers that deliver on the transformational and operational aspects of technology that are used by the most strategic events thrown by Salesforce. We are accountable for all aspects of event technology: Networking, Registration, Agenda building, Logistics support, Mobile App, Experiential support, agency integration, and much more. With the changes imposed by COVID19, we are faced with an opportunity to re-think how events show up in our customers’ lives. Unshackled by the limitations of time and physical space, event technology must now bring forth new platforms, solutions, and experiences that engage attendees globally, 24 x 7. Event technology’s charge has also evolved into providing industry-leading personalized experiences that funnels attendees into deeper relationships with Salesforce – whether deeper in the events ecosystem or into the plethora of Salesforce value propositions: Trailhead, AppExchage, or product buying journey. This journey spans physical events, digital properties, and new frontiers of hybrid events and brand experiences!
Salesforce Event Technology is looking for an Event Technology Program manager to drive and accelerate our transformation. In addition to driving some of the largest programs in the history of Salesforce Event Technology, you will get a chance to run some of the best events in the world, getting an insider’s view into why Salesforce events are the industry benchmark for experiential marketing.
Success will be measured by the ability of the program manager to manage the program team to deliver on the vision, scope & success factors of the program, on-schedule with a high level of quality while meeting expectations of the program stakeholders:
- Articulate program objectives & success factors, create the appropriate program structure, and bring together the program team necessary to execute the vision of the program.
- Create realistic program schedules & timelines, track and address blockers to milestone achievement, and drive the team to achieve said milestones.
- Manage stakeholders on programs by understanding what it important to each one, balancing competing objectives, and articulating points of contention with a goal to resolve them.
- Pro-actively identify and manage program risks and issues to ensure that they are avoided, mitigated, transferred, accepted, while always being transparent with stakeholders about the risk posture of the program.
- Communicate clearly, often, and through multiple mediums (meeting facilitation, emails, slack posts, presentations) regarding the status of the various programs individually and taken together. Executive-level differentiated communication is a requirement.
- Manage all aspects of event technology deployment end to end for events including intake of request, coordination of all teams to provision technology, communication of technology readiness, quality checks, contingency plans, day of execution, and post-event data reporting including learned process.
- Lead staff, contractors, and agency partners to perform various event technology functions including but not limited to new program proposals, program roll-outs, program execution, and debriefs.
- Partner with the event technology team to ensure processes and procedures are documented and kept up to date including but not limited to key SOP documentation, demos of current experiences.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience in the event technology/ registration management role
- 7+ years experience in operational and project/ program management
- 5+ years experience in leadership positions managing direct reports
- Proven ability in creating and managing strategic alliances balancing conflicting stakeholder requirements
- Operational and project management rigor to consistently communicate accurate information with the ability to speak truth to power
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Prior successful people management experience.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities while managing the high-volume, high-intensity volume of event execution responsibilities.
- Proven ability to deliver programs through organizations with competing priorities.
- PMP certified project management certification
- Salesforce Administrator certification
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.