Company Name: Enable
Location: Boston, MA
Type: Full Time
As Strategic Event Manager, you will be responsible for developing, managing, and executing successful core marketing events. You will work closely with a team of marketers to create impactful event experiences, raise brand awareness, and drive high levels of engagement. Your role will encompass event planning, contract management, event logistics, internal and external stakeholder management, and cross-departmental collaboration and communication. You should be able to focus on the details and execution that pull an event together, while also not losing focus on the big picture.
- Own the end-to-end planning, execution, budget, and follow-up of our marquis annual event, Catalyze, international Catalyze roadshows, and Customer Advisory Board sessions.
- Project management of event deliverables including design, content, and promotion.
- Establish onsite staff schedules, travel arrangements, and responsibilities.
- Serve as the primary logistical and technical support person during events, ensuring smooth operations and resolving any issues that arise.
- Stay informed about industry trends, emerging technologies, and innovative event practices to enhance the effectiveness and impact of our events.
- Resourceful, self-starter that works best in a team environment.
- Flexible in a fast-paced setting with competing and ever-changing tasks.
- Effective time management: prioritize tasks, allocate resources, and set realistic deadlines, ensuring that all necessary activities are completed in a timely manner.
- Attention to detail: thorough, precise, and methodical in completing assignments, ensuring that all aspects are properly addressed, and no errors are made.
- Comfortable with day-to-day tactical execution and the ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in event planning and management.
- Previous experience creating and executing successful events from start to finish.
- Exceptionaloral and written communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally, up to 10% of the time.
Enable Global Inc provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Enable complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Enable expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Enable employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.