Company Name: F5
Location: Seattle, WA
Type: Full Time
At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
You are a seasoned events professional with a lengthy experience in a corporate environment. You are passionate about digital and live event marketing. You believe in the importance of experiential marketing within the overall marketing mix and customer experience. You are comfortable with digital and social media, technology solutions and have a passion for developing the game-changing event strategies of the future. You are a strategic thinker and have a determination to make the most out of every opportunity to put the customer at the center of all experiences. You are excited to create new events and use knowledge across a variety of digital and in-person platforms to ensure that every experience we create is tied to measurable ROI. You have a passion for data and the stories it can help tell.
The Senior Strategic Events Manager position reports to the Head of Experiential Marketing and will work very closely with the entire marketing organization, sales, and product marketing as well as other areas of the company.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Provide program management and leadership to hosted/proprietary events.
- Build and drive to completion the overall event
- Know and understand the elements of an integrated marketing campaign
- In-depth knowledge of communications planning to drive audience acquisition and community building
- Build, manage, and drive project plans from start to finish on time and on budget
- Budget management of programs
- Manage vendors, negotiate contracts, drive teams to deliver program elements
- Record, analyze and report on event performance
- Bring new and innovative thinking for improving the performance of assigned events
- Contribute to overall marketing goals and success
- Manage multiple events simultaneously
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience as a conference manager/program leader a must.
- Solid knowledge of live events, digital marketing/events well as other programs that make up an event portfolio is a must.
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and change
- Experienced in researching and recommending events based on business needs and company goals
- Adept at developing and managing processes
- Deep familiarity with external best practices and benchmarks for event marketing and meeting management
- Experience working in high-growth, performance-focused environments
- Strong program management skills with a stellar ability to multi-task keeping programs on time and on budget
- Strong hosted event background with proven expertise with various suppliers and partners in the events industry
- Working knowledge of digital event platforms such as Cvent, Hubb, Intrado or similar
- Highly organized and analytical with a strong aptitude to determine optimal ways to achieve goals
- Proven self-starter and achiever who thrives in a cross-functional team environment and able to work collaboratively with diverse groups
- Ability to escalate issues with a sense of urgency and break down barriers to promote new and creative ways to solve problems
- Masterful in negotiation skills to ensure we are investing resources wisely, with company success and shareholder value in mind
- Flexibility with works hours to accommodate travel schedules of 25% or more
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
- Understanding of varying work environments with the ability to work independently – in the office, work from home, work from job site
- Executive presence and past experiences plus strong comfort level with presenting to company leadership and peers
- BA or BS degree, CMP a plus, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years’ experience in event marketing for technology companies
- Demonstrated skills in the successful execution of marketing events, tradeshows, and conferences
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented and keen eye for attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and ability to prioritize
- Must be able to travel for business 25% of the time domestically and internationally
- Need to have active/current references in the events industry through event organization participation as well as strong vendor/partner connections and experiences
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, ExhibitForce, as well as tools within the marketing tech stack (Marketo, Tableau, SalesForce)
- Mastery in program management tools like Smartsheets, MSFT project or PMM training a bonus!
- Pro-active and creative thinker with effective ability to “think on your feet”
The annual U.S. base pay range for this position is: $108,800.00 – $163,200.00.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. F5 offers a variety of reasonable accommodations for candidates. Requesting an accommodation is completely voluntary.