Company Name: Amazon
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
Come build the future with us! What unites all Amazonians (across teams and geographies) is that we are all striving to delight our customers and make their lives easier—whoever that customer may be. In pursuit of delighting customers, Amazonians have developed many products and services that have transformed the way our customers live their lives and run their businesses. Together we are building the future, one innovative product, service, and idea at a time.
Amazon Advertising is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for large brands, small businesses, partners (agencies and advertising software companies) and publishers. Our ad solutions—including sponsored, display, video, and custom ads—leverage Amazon’s innovations and insights to find, attract, and engage audiences throughout their daily journeys. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service, managed service, and programmatic ad buying, these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, increase product sales, and more.
The Amazon Ads Global Partner Marketing Team (also known internally as Partner Acceleration) is looking for a Partner Event Content Manager who will be responsible for managing and driving all operations related to the sessions and presentations that are delivered at partner events, as well as managing the speakers who present at these events. This includes: break-out sessions, executive presentations, and keynotes across in-person, hybrid, virtual, and co-hosted events. You will be responsible for setting objectives, creating a project plan, and ensuring all logistics related to the presentations/sessions/speakers are being developed based on the event milestones. This is a cross-functional role where you will have to interface with and influence key stakeholders across different teams. In addition, this is a highly visible role that engages with the leadership team on a regular basis. One important aspect of this role is to build a close working relationship with the Amazon Ads event leaders, product development managers (PDMs), product marketing managers (PMMs), and other key stakeholders to ensure alignment of vision and success metrics.
The Amazon Ads Global Partner Marketing Team functions as a start-up within Amazon, and offers a creative, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial work environment where you will be at the center of Amazon Ads innovation. This is a perfect opportunity for someone who has passion for the market and growth opportunities that Amazon Ads has to offer, challenges the status quo, and strives for the best customer experience.
You are an ideal candidate if you possess an understanding of the advertising industry, have a strong project management background, and experience managing breakout sessions, keynote presentations, and speakers at corporate events. You will also have demonstrated experience with event technologies and can set up the right process for call for papers, session and speaker management, as well as establish KPIs and success metrics for measuring the impact for events that drive Amazon Ads partner education objectives and business goals.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Create a model that defines the standard operating process (SOP) of managing the presentations, breakout sessions, keynote presentations, slide decks, speakers, and speaker scripts to be delivered at the partner events (in-person, hybrid, virtual).
- Work closely with the Product Marketing Managers (who will own the content development process and approvals) to identify the key objectives that help identify content topics.
- Create a work-back schedule and set up regular meetings to update key stakeholders /speakers on the partner event status, upcoming milestones, deliverables and key deadlines.
- Manage all communications related to the event content to increase internal awareness and drive registrations.
- Understand the Amazon Ads style guide, brand guidelines and inclusive marketing guidelines to ensure adherence to key policies.
- Work closely and manage all speakers to ensure smooth onsite delivery of sessions.
- Set up and manage the content technology platform used by speakers and attendees.
- Work with production vendors to define pre-event, onsite, post-event needs and actions.
- Create opportunities to collect direct feedback from partners in order to better design session topics for future events (i.e.surveys, partner advisory council meetings, partner interviews, etc.). Then use this data and findings to measure results.
- Travel onsite to events both domestically and internationally (post COVID-19).
- Writing documents about your operating process that will be shared with internal stakeholders
- 2+ years of experience directly managing others
- 6+ years of professional non-internship marketing experience
- Experience driving direction and alignment with cross-functional teams
- Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data
- Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
- Experience directly managing teams
- Experience presenting metrics and progress to goal to senior leadership
- 5+ years of experience programming content for large-scale events, including keynotes, fireside chats, panel discussions, or other forms of event content
- 5+ years of experience working with and setting up an event technology platform (content catalog, schedule builder, speaker portal, presentation portal, survey portal)
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- BA college degree in Marketing or Business, or other related area
- An understanding of the advertising industry
- Familiarity with partner marketing
- Flexibility to pivot priorities or change processes midstream when needed
- Exudes high level of ownership and comfortability dealing with ambiguity
- A team player with the ability to influence, work cross functionally, build relationships with key stakeholders, and thrive highly collaborative fast paced environment
- Excellent multi-tasking and project management skills; highly organized and detail oriented
- Passion for building global programs and processes
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.