Company Name: CBRE
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
CBRE is seeking a passionate, strategic and experienced events marketing professional with proven success in creating, managing and executing events, integrated experiential marketing programs, and sponsorships, with a focus on delivering brand activation, enhancing event experience, and driving attendee engagement, lead generation, and revenue growth.
The individual will be part of CBRE’s Global Event Marketing team and will work with key LOB leadership, LOB marketing and events director to develop strategic multi-year event plan to include internal and client events, training meetings and participation in business line related industry events.
- SPOC for all designated LOB internal and external events
- Subject matter expert in event strategy, planning and delivery for both in-person and virtual events
- Will both lead and support event team peers on event programs
- Understand business objectives and strategy, know the key stakeholders and clients
- Conceptualize and develop strategic event marketing plans ensuring measurable objectives and clear KPIs are set and aligned with business goals.
- Proactively report event ROI and demonstrate impact through business results and lead generation opportunities.
- Plan and deliver world-class events experiences through creative and thoughtful execution
- Contribute to the development of best practices and procedures
- Ensure set procedures are followed and consistency is delivered throughout all events
- Responsible for updating and tracking event details in the Global Calendar
- Brand ambassador who understands the value proposition and works to uphold and promote it throughout all events
- Continually drive creativity and innovation to elevate attendee event experiences
- Partner with Content Marketing, Product Marketing, Social media, Comms, Design and Digital Marketing teams to ensure wholistic and coordinated activation of event content
- Event Planning and Project Management to include but not exhaustive of:
Vendor and venue sourcing and Management
Event Budgeting, Forecasting and reconciliation
Establish Event Objectives
Define Measurement and Metrics
Experience, Logistics and Delivery
Inbound and outbound Sponsorship
- Passionate about Event Attendee Experience
- Equally comfortable building strategic event plans and executing at a tactical level.
- Highly organized methodical individual who excels at handling multiple high-level projects, and can build and manage effective teams
- Sound decision maker who is capable of independent thought, yet knows when and how to seek the appropriate advice and approvals
- Skilled communicator who can interact effectively with all stakeholders
- Demonstrate hands-on experience of successful event project planning and delivery of both virtual and in-person event formats
- Team player who can work individually or part of a team to achieve project goals
- Entrepreneurial, innovative, and resourceful individual who can identify creative solutions to complex challenges and share insights across teams
- Proficiency in event management and marketing cloud software, apps and CRM systems.
- Highly motivated, flexible, embraces feedback, and thrives in high-pressure situations.
- High level of energy and integrity, professionalism, and respect for a diversity of opinions and styles, and is not afraid of accountability and responsibility
- A critical and creative thinker who challenges the norm to identify better solutions.
- Act as an ambassador for CBRE adopting and maintaining the firm’s core values of RISE; Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence.
- Ensures compliance with company standards with the company logo and consistency of marketing products.
- Ability to travel for up to 30-40% of the time
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong understanding of event technology and virtual event platforms
Desired Skills and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university and a minimum of seven years of related experience and/or training.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the most complex business documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues. Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles using distinctive style. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups. Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take desired action.
Requires intermediate knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate complex figures. Ability to forecast and prepare budgets. Conducts financial/business analysis including the preparation of reports.
Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions for a growing matrix-based multi-industry sales environment. Draws upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the company.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Requires knowledge of all software used by personnel in the department
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Responsible for setting own project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
CBRE is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law.