Company Name: SAS
Location: Cary, NC
Type: Full Time
Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What We Do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What You’ll Do
We’re looking for a Sr. Manager, Marketing Events to s erve as a member of a marketing management group responsible for executing the overall marketing strategy for SAS products and services.
- Direct the full portfolio of SAS Flagship Events and third-party events to promote the SAS Brand, create demand and retain customers.
- Direct the aspects of SAS’ HQ-based Executive Briefing Center to deliver the best possible customer experience, promote the SAS Brand and assist Sales.
- Work closely with the events team and key constituents to develop event plans, including event objectives, theme, content, logistics, staffing and marketing promotion.
- Drive alignment of messaging and overall strategy of events with corporate priorities and marketing programs.
- Communicate effectively, on a regularly scheduled cadence, to ensure stakeholder alignment.
- Create business relationships with internal staff, clients/customers, subcontractors, and applicable SAS departments to drive SAS results.
- Develop and encourage event innovations that create a one-of-a-kind event experience and drive engagement.
- Identify strategic opportunities and drives innovation through market research, customer feedback, analytics and best practices.
- Represents SAS with third party vendors and partners to support SAS objectives and goals.
- Communicate with SAS executives on SAS flagship events.
- Create shared visions and detailed plans with key stakeholders on how to maximize an event.
- Measure and deliver measurable results in impacting broader company goals and organizational objectives.
- Lead the creation of event reporting and analysis for improved decision making and for sharing with key constituents across SAS.
- Perform all functions related to leading and managing a dynamic team, including determining resource needs and making requests for personnel, equipment, and other resources; recruiting, interviewing, and selecting new employees; setting and communicating performance standards and providing performance feedback and coaching; encouraging and fostering skill development and professional growth.
- Establish and prioritizes department responsibilities/objective relative to the group, department, division, and corporate goals. Ensure that projects are completed on time following established procedures and schedules.
- Prepare and adheres to budgets.
- A minimum of 7 years in marketing, with 4+ years of experience in event management and coordination in the B2B software industry managing 6-7 figure budgets.
- Experience with directly managing an events team.
- Demonstrated event planning skills, specifically in strategic deal-making, with excellent communications and networking ability.
- Serves as member of a marketing management group responsible for executing the overall marketing strategy for SAS products and services.
- Delegates responsibilities to Marketing Managers and/or staff to fulfill responsibilities and objectives for department or division.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to address problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical solutions.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to influence and manage across lines of business, cultures and geographies.
- Ability to synthesize complex concepts and net out large amounts of detail into a few key highlights.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it – and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law . Also view the supplement EEO is the Law , and the Pay Transparency notice.