Company Name: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Location: Far-A-Field, PA
Type: Full Time
As part of the Thermo Fisher Scientific team, you’ll discover meaningful work that makes a positive impact on a global scale. Join our colleagues in bringing our Mission to life every single day to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We provide our global teams with the resources needed to achieve individual career goals while helping to take science a step beyond by developing solutions for some of the world’s toughest challenges, like protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe or helping find cures for cancer.
This Sr. Manager of Global Events will work closely with business, commercial, regional and division marketing colleagues and as a result will need to seamlessly be able to work in these different worlds; understand what is important to your key partners and deliver with excellence. You will be responsible for leading team members to advance and mature our global events management. You will be an expert in both in person and digital events on a global and regional scale. You will lead a talented and diverse team that is responsible for event planning, event management and execution, event logistics, event budgets and all facets of customer-facing event tactics for pre, during and post show experiences.As a key member of the division marketing leadership team, you will be a self-starter who can work both independently and with a team, be self-motivated and encourage the same in the team, be highly adaptable and flexible with an ability to change direction when needed and clearly communicate such change in a timely and visible fashion inclusive of key organizational management principles. You will be a decisive, strategic planner, manage multiple tasks and deadlines, have excellent problem-solving skills, have strong global event, business and budgeting savvy, and display calmness and composure under stress or uncertainty, inspiring team members and partners. Additionally, you will have the ability to effectively interact with and relate to people at all levels; have an ability to move and influence a group, moving the team into a common direction and with a common vision.
How will you get here?
- Degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience with event and/or project management.
- Certified Trade Show Management (CTSM) and/or Certified Meeting Planner (CMP) certification preferred
- Develop, plan and oversee the delivery of effective in-person and digital customer facing events from start to finish (tradeshows, conferences, workshops, seminar series, road shows, customer receptions) to support annual marketing plan.
- Understand exhibit house processes to ensure timely booth arrangements: Oversee the coordination of the production, maintenance and loan schedule of booth materials (booth graphics/portables, pop-ups, furniture, services, etc.), management of the event dummy kit schedule, shipping, storage and maintenance program.
- Work collaboratively with Marketing Partners and Sales & Marketing stakeholders to define event goals and logistical details; provide comprehensive support and communication regarding program logistics as it pertains to stakeholders.
- Work with the Marketing teams to create engaging and innovative customer engagements, and digital experience within the event
- Oversee management of event budget expenses and communication of budget status on a regular basis. Ensures timely and accurate management of invoices, including approval for payment, reconciliation against planned and actual performance, and estimated accrual totals at end of quarter.
- Oversee the execution and conduct of post event analysis — Ensures cost-effective event implementation, high quality, post-event assessment.
- Ensure leads are processed efficiently and delivered to assigned MSD business unit sales force in line with business unit CRM tool.
- Support the team to develop and roll-out Standard Operation Procedures
- Collaborate as required with other Thermo Fisher Scientific divisions to improve benefit to company brands and products.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- 10+ years working in an Event Management capacity, preferably in B2B environment, US-based company, in a fast-paced highly matrixed organization and leading a diverse global organization
- 5+ years of global event people management experience
- Must be a role model team leader and standout colleague with the ability to lead multiple projects and shifting priorities within a fast-paced environment
- Excellent contract negotiation experience specific to events
- Creative, innovative with a can-do attitude
- Strong project management, attention to detail, prioritization and decision-making skills
- Experience establishing and maintaining business processes, documentation, and training materials
- Ability to build effective working relationships with colleagues inside and outside the organization
- Ability to travel up to 30% domestically and internationally with valid passport
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.