Company Name: T-Mobile
Location: Bellevue, WA
Type: Full Time
The Events team brings the Un-carrier brand and message to life through live experiences, connecting with people over shared passion points to grow our brand and business. The team is chartered with the development, oversight, and execution of major events across the company. We are seeking a Sr. Manager, Media/PR Events that will be responsible for the strategic planning, execution and performance management of T-Mobile USA media and PR-related external events, which includes media events/announcements, product launches, industry tradeshows (CES, Mobile World Congress), quarterly Earnings and B2C experiential events. This person will lead a team of event managers that support this portfolio of events.
The individual must have a passion for and experience in creating impactful brand experiences through media and consumer events to engage customers, extensive knowledge in B2C event management and execution, with fundamental understanding of how to leverage events to drive brand love and growth for the business. The role will oversee the Media/PR event marketing process including strategic planning, creative development, execution, measurement, and communication of events. The role will work cross functionally with multiple internal departments, properties, agencies, and senior-level leadership.
- Lead a team of direct reports and agency partners in strategic approach, creative development and execution of media and PR-related external events
- Manage a team of up to 2 direct reports (with potential for future team growth)
- Bring the brand to life by defining contextually relevant thematic creative and carrying it through all event elements, in partnership with internal brand teams and agency partners
- Project manage overall event, including managing cross-functional stakeholders, setting clear expectations and driving for alignment on event strategy and delivery
- Lead strategic development and execution of major, high-visibility events
- Develop rhythm of business, including internal communications and executive briefings
- Prepare and present strategies and event concepts to senior leadership
- Define, lead and deliver the overall event experience, including:
- Develop an event brief which defines business and event objectives, target audience, program executional components, etc.
- Articulate messaging hierarchy and incorporate through contextually relevant experiences
- Lead cross-functional teams and execute work stream plans
- Set meeting cadence, lead with clear agendas and follow up with detailed notes and action items
- Oversee and manage event budgets
- Identify and mitigate issues/escalations
- Manage, in partnership with executive teams, the executive experience at the event
- Manage agencies on all creative/production, logistics planning, registration, housing, venue(s), event tools, etc.
- Establish key performance indicators, measure, and deliver results
- Negotiate and manage event sponsorships, ensuring all assets align with the Un-carrier brand and how we show up at events
- Create post event debriefs and manage event budget reconciliation
- Build/manage event templates/processes, managing team document sharing site, managing team budget in partnership with finance team, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in event management, marketing, communications, business or a related field
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in developing and executing major events
- Experience executing events across varying audiences, segments and channels
- Experience preparing and presenting event strategies/concepts to senior leadership
- Experience managing event logistics, creative, production, sponsorship contracts, registration, housing, venue(s), event tools, etc.
- Experience working for or with event agencies
- Telecom experience
- Extensive B2C event management experience
- Strong event sponsorship negotiation and management skills
- Strategic and creative thinker with the ability to develop and deliver clear and concise event briefs
- Ability to articulate a brand vision and message through events
- Proven experience in creating and managing major high- profile events to drive business and brand growth
- Proven experience leading cross functional teams and agency partners
- Ability to confidently interact with senior executives to influence and gain support, input and approvals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to tailor based on executive level
- Understanding of event technical production and logistics
- Ability to think critically, react quickly and remain calm in high-pressure situations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, able to manage multiple projects/events at one time, and consistently meet deadlines; strong interpersonal skills, willingness to accept and provide direction, ability to work independently while remaining a team player
- Comfortable with the ambiguity that can accompany a position in a dynamic organization
- Ability to travel up to 30-35% a year to plan and execute events
At least 18 years of age.Legally authorized to work in the United States.High School Diploma or GED.Pre-employment background screen.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.