Company Name: Comcast
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
Effectv, the advertising sales division of Comcast Cable, helps local, regional and national advertisers use the best of digital with the power of TV to grow their business. It provides multi-screen marketing solutions to make advertising campaigns more effective and easier to execute. Headquartered in New York with offices throughout the country, Effectv has a presence in 66 markets with nearly 35 million owned and represented subscribers. We’re dedicated to helping our clients meet their business goals by connecting them with their customers through multiscreen television advertising. Working with companies from local startups to nationwide corporations, we provide support to help each business reach its target customers. By applying data to television advertising in new ways, we’re able to bring our clients the best of digital media, coupled with the power of TV. To learn more, check out www.effectv.com. The Sr Events Manager at Effectv will play a foundational role on the Event Marketing team by helping to scale and execute our existing events and think big to assess our overall event calendar. Your responsibility as the events marketing expert will include providing direct supervision and oversight of marketing personnel in the development and implementation of assigned events and activations. You will work to develop and align event activities with business priorities and contribute to strategy development. This role has a greater degree of impact on business results and typically manages one or more groups of employees.
- Leads and provides direction for a team of six regional event managers to develop and deliver streamlined activations that scale across the country. Conducts regular checkpoints with regional deliverable owners, calls out risks and ensures events are delivered on time and on budget.
- Thinks big to deliver new ideas and creative approaches to constantly improve the client experience, while possessing ability to solve and deliver on the tactical details.
- Is responsible for driving and developing presentations, briefs, documents and effectively communicating with senior leadership, partners and team members. Collaborates with sales development and sales teams to create pricing structures and multi-level activations. Gives direction in activation concepts and processes.
- Deliver post event decks with data-driven analysis including attendee feedback, goal achievement and recommendations for future improvements.
- Leads management of creative, social, communications, branding campaigns and all elements of legal and finance compliance.
- Plans and manages yearly department budget.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Experience with B2B event marketing in a media, brand or advertising company
- Previous experience in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience managing in-person and digital events to align with coordinated marketing strategy
- Outstanding skills in presentation, prioritization and KPI analysis
- Self-starter with effective time-management and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Employees At All Levels Are Expected To
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what’s right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience