Company Name: AppFolio, Inc.
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Type: Full Time
The Sr. Manager, Events will lead a team of events managers and collaborate cross functionally to bring the events go-to-market plans to life. This event expert will be proficient with a wide portfolio of events and help develop and execute multiple segment events strategies across the business. You will keep alignment and collaboration among teams to deliver exceptional events and experiences and help evolve a best in class events program.
Reporting to the Director, Events, you will effectively work across the organization with a wide range of departments and functional teams and use your leadership and project management skills to ensure the delivery of successful and impactful events.
What We’re Looking For
- Manage an incredible team of events managers and be a great leader, mentor and supporter of your team and their respective segments.
- Work with the individual event managers and segment teams in the development, execution and measurement of events, to ensure goals and outcomes are over achieved.
- Design unique and impactful segment specific events and experiences that align to our business objectives.
- Ensure that all events have an integrated marketing approach, optimizing AppFolio’s presence throughout, from pre to post show.
- Optimize Industry Association memberships and sponsorships, and ensure hosted 3rd party events are executed at the highest level, building our brand, driving pipeline and dominating our presence in the marketplace.
- Help develop and mentor your team, making the AppFolio events team a world class events team.
- BA/BS degree or above
- 10-12+ years of experience in event marketing, tradeshow and conference management
- 5+ years of experience as a people manager of multiple direct reports
- Excellent project management, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Extensive experience in a wide range of events.
- Proficiency in working across the organization from C-Suite to Procurement, IT and Legal, as extensive management of 3rd party agencies/vendors
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously while successfully working cross-functionally
- Strong business writing and communication capabilities, preferably with direct experience in B2B marketing
- Resourceful problem solver with the ability to collaborate effectively across multiple groups.
- Agile, with experience in navigating the business and getting things done
- Strong critical thinking skills, versed in navigating complex situations
- Creative thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit and strong implementation ability
- Empathetic, positive attitude and a great sense of humor
- Able to build, articulate and present presentations for the appropriate audiences
- Experience with GoogleSuite, Slack, Salesforce and ability to grasp and use a diverse tech stack
At AppFolio, we value diversity in backgrounds and perspectives and depend on it to drive our innovative culture. That’s why we’re a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we believe that our products, our teams, and our business are stronger because of it. This means that no matter what race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status, you’re always welcome at AppFolio.