Company Name: Spiceworks
Location: United States (Remote)
Type: Full Time
As the Sr. Manager, Marketing Events you are an innovator and experienced events leader with a passion for collaborating to create authentic and unparalleled experiences. You have a vision for how a holistic events strategy can propel brand awareness, build brand trust, drive client demand and generate revenue. You are known to “roll-up your sleeves”and use your skills to ensure an event is successful and extraordinary. In this role, you must have a proven history of running events with operational excellence across many program components. You’re strategic and able to lead internal and external teams to create corporate alignment and community, as well as executing effectively and with flexibility.
- Oversee planning, production and execution of brand events including Spiceworks’ annual flagship trade event, SpiceWorld, industry events, key sponsorships, consumer events and select internal events that are virtual and/or in-person.
- Create and manage an integrated project management plan across multiple workstreams.
- Establish team structure including meeting cadence, format, schedule, roles, and responsibilities.
- Present event content, agenda, strategy, timelines and performance to management, key stakeholders, and the broader company
- Establish and proactively manage the events budget and execute events successfully within or under budget.
- Provide tried and true strategies and tactics for successfully monetizing events and maintaining established margins
- Provide recommendations for pricing tiers and sponsor benefits
- Lead event agenda, promotions, content, and speaker/talent outreach and development.
- Track, report, and optimize ROI on event investments.
- Identify new event opportunities aligned with brand values and client audiences.
- Responsible for event revenue modeling and sponsorship offering development.
- Collaborate with Growth Marketing, Editorial, Community and Custom Content teams to formulate event promotional plans and ensure the right asset packs are created and distributed across various digital channels.
- Work closely with marketing, senior management, and sales to achieve business goals.
- Directly manage event marketing staff, production companies and/or vendors
Experience and Skills Required:
- 8-10+ years of experience managing and growing events
- Experience working on virtual and hybrid events
- Clear understanding of the value that event sponsors play in the success of events
- CMP preferred, but not required
- Ability to develop strategy, collaborating across the organization, and execute with precision
- Experience managing a team, vendors, and outside contractors
- Experience in event planning and management, including speaker outreach, contracts, and vendor relationships.
- High attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, highly cross-functional, innovative, and rapidly evolving environment.
- Strong drive for results, with the ability to manage independently and take calculated risks.
- Ability to manage time and juggle multiple priorities to execute high-quality deliverables.
- A strong leader and excellent communicator who can drive consensus and articulate program recommendations and tradeoffs to senior executives and key stakeholders
- Decisive, action-oriented, and able to motivate, inspire, and lead cross-functional teams in different geographies and business units
- Demonstrable, successful history of defining marketing strategy and execution excellence
- Superior oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail.
- Bonus, but not required: You’ve worked with any of the following applications: Salesforce, Marketo, Slack, Wrike, Monday.com, Cvent, and GSuite. Virtual event/webinar/content hosting platforms (e.g., Intrado, Meeting Play, Zoom, Vimeo, Webex, Vidyard, YouTube, Splash, etc.) with a proven understanding of system integrations to support the complex technology landscape needed for digital/virtual events.