Company Name: Rimini Street
Location: Chicago, IL (Hybrid)
Type: Full Time
The Sr. Events Manager is responsible for the planning, execution, and management of high-level, business critical events for Rimini Street. This position works closely with numerous internal partners to plan and execute domestic. The ideal candidate will have experience with event budgeting and management for events. Full understanding of the value of an integrated business structure among marketing, business units, sales and communications is essential.
Candidate must be able to work independently, prioritize assignments, and work under significant pressure. Projects under management are time sensitive, involving frequent concurrent deadlines with dependencies on partner organizations. Therefore, collaboration, attention to detail and the ability to communicate clearly with all levels of Rimini Street leadership is critical to keep programs moving effectively and efficiently. This role requires that the planner has and promotes an eagerness to develop and implement new processes for improving effectiveness and impact in event planning and logistics as well as seeks to push the boundaries on event experiences that amaze our customers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage all aspects of events including but not limited to: internal consulting, concept proposal development, venue selection, vendor negotiation, total logistics coordination (menus, setup, branding, audio visual), content facilitation, expense monitoring and budgeting, materials across the attendee journey, event systems and tools management, post event financial reconciliation, and cross-departmental team management, printing, registration management, coordination of speakers and giveaways.
- Work with Marketing, Regional Field Marketing, Brand, and Operations to cultivate events that deliver on the specific events objectives striving to meet or beat metrics of the program.
- Design minute-by-minute activities of events including VIP and guest movement, food and beverage service, traffic flow, and full run of show.
- Contract with agencies on event design including all facets of the event experience.
- Manage run of show creation and execution.
- Drive both short- and long-term planning for events, partnering with peer managers to facilitate and ensure best-practice sharing.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience as event manager ideally in a corporate setting.
- Demonstrated experience of event management and logistics as it applies to all matters of events from pre-planning to post event evaluation.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment with ease.
- Perform well under pressure in a highly dynamic, diverse, and rapidly changing environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MSFT Teams, Sharepoint, Smartsheet, and Salesforce.com.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to Marketing, or equivalent knowledge and experience.
Benefits for US employees include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Disability insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) program
- Generous Paid time off (PTO)
Rimini Street is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.