Company Name: Ingram Micro
Location: Irvine, CA
Type: Full Time
Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise of technology.TM No other company delivers the full spectrum of global technology and supply chain services to businesses around the world. Ingram Micro’s global infrastructure and deep expertise in technology solutions, supply chain, cloud and mobility enable its business partners to operate efficiently and successfully in the markets they serve. Combined with distinct market insights and the trust and dependability generated from decades of strong partner relationships, Ingram Micro stands apart as the global technology services provider for the future.
- A Senior Event Services Planner is a self-motivated, energetic, and results oriented position responsible for the organization and delivery of Ingram Micro events as well acting as a lead.
- These events include but are not limited to conferences, meetings, symposia, tradeshows, incentives, board meetings, and product launches.
- A Senior Event Services Planner will lead or co-lead a team of event professionals with the logistics organization and delivery of Ingram Micro’s highly complex multi-day, multi-element events with a minimum of 500 attendees.
- This position is accountable for the financial plan, results, and reconciliation related with these events; manages client expectations with the team, and is the single point of contact with the client.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in hospitality or additional relevant experience in related field Certification as CMP is required.
- Coursework in the following areas preferred: Communications, Budgeting, Writing, Travel, Hotel & Conventions Services, Trade Shows, and Event Planning.
- Experience: A minimum of five years in service/hospitality, meeting/event planning and travel management; experience in problem solving and process improvement.
- A professional appearance and positive attitude is a must. Superior Knowledge of: Meeting/Events planning, travel industry, meeting software, and basic accounting practices.
- Superior Skill in: Negotiating, contract review, organization, customer service, oral and written communication, multi-tasking, project management, site selection, web based registration builds and operations, account reconciliation.
- Experience with Cvent preferred.
- Ability to: To meet deadlines under pressure, work in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple projects, lead a team, work independently, think outside the box, think on your feet
- Ability to travel a must; job will require working non-traditional or extended hours.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.