Company Name: ReachLocal
Location: United States (Remote)
Type: Full Time
USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures is seeking a seasoned sales professional to lead sponsorship efforts across the US. Our ideal candidate is experienced in relationship and partnership building and has a proven ability and record of closing sales. The VP, Sales & Strategic Partnership reports directly to the Sr. VP, Strategy & Operations and works closely with Ventures’ senior leadership team. If you think you have what it takes to work with our expanding team, apply now!
- Build and expand relationships with regional and national corporations and organizations for event sponsorship purposes. Build proposals and recommendations to meet client needs and drive profitable revenue for Ventures.
- Work with Leadership to set targets for site level sales goals.
- Manage current/prospective client database to penetrate new markets and connect with sales targets in Ventures’ local markets.
- Create strategy and execution guidelines for all event management staff to meet performance objectives and clients’ expectations.
- Manage pipeline of regional and national event sponsorship sales, oversee and maximize the company’s profitability while obtaining and/or surpassing set event sales targets.
- Establish productive, professional relationships with local markets. Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates upper management needs on an ongoing basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required.
- At least 5 years in a similar position managing national sales in entertainment or event environment.
- Strong prospecting, cold calling and sales skills to find target clients and close new business.
- Experience selling in first-class events. Able to craft compelling sales pitch for Ventures.
- Previous experience observing and coaching sales team during client interaction.
- Previous success in National/regional or multi-site sales and promotions role.
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Motivated self-starter who excels at multitasking and is able to work without direct supervision.
- Driven team player who’s always working to improve themselves and the team.
- Willing to assist other teams in the organization and travel to support event execution.
- Legal right to work in the United States.
- Able to assess skills, offer constructive coaching, and share best practices broadly.
- Strong organizational and communication skills; self-confidence, and professional maturity.
- Motivational and encouraging coaching style, able to hold others accountable for results.
- Create memories for our sponsors; lead brainstorming with event sales staff to ensure successful event communication, planning and execution.
- Demonstrate leadership to meet financial, hospitality and guest measures; able to drive sales results and achieve targets.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills; able to identify root causes and generate plausible solutions. Solid track record of professional judgment, discernment to know when issues can be resolved and when to escalate matters.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. As such, we will consider all qualified applicants for employment and do not discriminate in connection with employment decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance (including height and weight), sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), education, genetic characteristics or information, political affiliation, military or veteran status or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state and local laws in the jurisdictions where Gannett employs employees. In addition, Gannett Co., Inc. will provide applicants who require a reasonable accommodation, as a result of an applicant’s disability or religion, to complete this employment application and/or any other process in connection with an individuals’ application for employment with Gannett Co., Inc. Applicants who require such accommodation should contact Gannett Co., Inc.’s Recruitment Department at Recruit@gannett.com.