Company Name: Amazon
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
Come build the future with us! What unites all Amazonians (across teams and geographies) is that we are all striving to delight our customers and make their lives easier—whoever that customer may be. In pursuit of delighting customers, Amazonians have developed many products and services that have transformed the way our customers live their lives and run their businesses. Together we are building the future, one innovative product, service, and idea at a time.
Amazon Ads is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for brand advertisers, agencies, authors, and entrepreneurs. Our ad solutions—including sponsored, display, video, and custom ads—leverage Amazon’s innovations and insights to find, attract, and engage intended audiences throughout their daily journeys. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service, managed service, and programmatic ad buying, these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, increase product sales, and more.
The Global Strategic Events team is driven by the our Leadership Principle “Think Big.” Our mission is to connect customers to Amazon Ads through best-in-class experiences. The Global Strategic Events Team is responsible for designing, producing, executing, and measuring tier one first and third party live, virtual, and hybrid events for Amazon Ads customers and partners with the goal of delivering business results. We are seeking an experienced Event Registration Lead to join our team.
Reporting directly to the Global Event Operations Lead, you will mange all aspects of audience segmentation strategy and registration process workflows for in person and/or virtual events. This position will drive registration goals and strategy across all events, while driving the creation of event microsites for in-person and virtual events on various platforms. You will also partner with event leads to build a holistic end-to-end customer experience and work closely across channels to help drive event registration, lead on final execution, and deliver post event reporting.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Project manage all pre-show, onsite, and post-show registration activities for 15-20 events per year, ranging in size from 1,000 to 10,000 attendees
- Work with web developers to build and quality check registration microsites and complex registration workflows, including but not limited to, registration paths with advanced logic, housing management, webpage content, and overall site design.
- Integrate travel components by negotiating contracts with hotels and managing room blocks to ensure seamless attendee reservation experience.
- Determine onsite registration experience, including delegating and identifying additional staffing needs and/or the use of onsite technology and equipment.
- Serve as point of contact for external clients and internal event team in managing multiple, complex registration projects simultaneously to ensure goals are accomplished within prescribed period.
- 6+ years of professional non-internship marketing experience
- Experience building, executing and scaling cross-functional marketing programs
- Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
- Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data
- Experience presenting metrics and progress to goal to senior leadership
- 6+ years’ experience of strong history of managing high profile event registration process, ranging in size from 1,000 to 10,000 attendees
- Proven track record of successfully building event registration strategy, contract negotiations, and vendor management
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, as well as, the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex and highly visible projects
- Exhibits ability to stay calm under pressure; are resilient to set-backs
- Excellent judgment, particularly in narrow time frames
- Background with technology industry or global consumer brand
- Experience in the advertising industry, and/or online advertising
- Experience in managing multiple vendors and agencies
- Ability to present to and influence all levels of the organization
- Experience evaluating new and emerging registration technologies
- Proficient in Salesforce and Marketo
- Proven skills in building strong team culture
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, and manage workload to strict deadlines, and operate effectively under remote management
- Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally and work across time zones
- Ability to attend in person events that require vaccination status based upon the location and third party event regulations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.