Company Name: AbbVie
Location: Irvine, CA
Type: Full Time
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio.
- The Sr. Event Planner is responsible for partnering with strategic business unit senior management teams to streamline the meetings and events management process, identify synergies and best practices across brands and therapeutic areas, and identify cost effective solutions to convention marketing.
- Utilize tracking and measurement tools to determine the qualitative and quantitative effectiveness of expenditures across all therapeutic areas.
- Maintain, report and forecast annual brand meeting budgets.
- Liaise with the Compliance to track and monitor all compliance related expenditures and reporting requirements.
- Ensure the integrity of all HCP interactions at conventions and affiliated meetings in accordance with corporate guidelines and policies.
- Monitor vendor compliance with related policies and procedures, most notably those relating to regulatory and compliance of promotional materials and interactions with HCPs.
- Communication and enforcement of International Congress/Event Guidelines where applicable.
- Serve as program lead for national and global meeting/event programs.
- Cross collaboration with marketing brand stakeholders, financial controllers, procurement, and vendor partners.
- Liaise with cross functional stakeholders to determine program synergies/opportunities and deliver consist service and messaging across all convention programs Research and recommend efficiencies in logistics, technologies, procedures, and/or industry related solutions.
- Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communication, organizational leadership or related field of study and 5+ years of work experience
- Desired Qualifications: Convention planning experience preferred – including staff & vendor management experience
- Exceptional leadership skills and demonstrated success managing a both small and large scale projects.
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills
- Excellent people and communication skills, ability to operate in a cross-cultural and complex matrix environment, and ability to build consensus across functions without direct authority.
- Analytical and forward thinker, results oriented, self-organized and self-starter
- Results-oriented with a proven track record of results
- Adaptable & change agent in an evolving environment
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.