Company Name: AWS
Location: Seattle, WA
Type: Full Time
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an enthusiastic, self-directed, data-driven Sr. Event Marketing Manager to lead a team of event marketers who will plan and manage the execution of digital and in-person events. This role will own our AMER field events strategy. The Sr. Event Marketing Manager will work across internal teams including field marketing, demand gen, brand, creative, digital marketing, as well as partner with external agencies to inform and implement holistic strategies for our field marketing events. Success in this role requires the ability to define our events strategy, set customer-centric campaign goals, provide excellent project management skills, establish a deep and current knowledge of virtual event platforms, maintain a keen eye for compelling and innovative content, and possess a passion for continuous improvement. This person will need to have an entrepreneurial nature to try new and different things with minimal direction. Overall, this role will be challenged to push boundaries, propose and execute new ideas, and establish best practices.
Preference for this role to sit in Seattle, WA. Also open to Chicago, IL; Austin, TX; San Francisco, CA; Atlanta, GA; Arlington, VA; New York, NY; or Dallas, TX. Relocation offered for US residents only. Responsibilities:
- Lead team of ~12 event marketing managers; hire, develop, and train.
- Influence and align with key stakeholders across the Americas on event strategies.
- Own marketing calendar; develop event marketing plans that achieve AMER field marketing goals.
- Own event marketing processes and communication mechanisms.
- Partner with marketing operations to ensure team has necessary reporting.
- Collaborate with digital demand generation to ensure events achieve registration and attendance goals, and we delight customers by raising the bar with our post-event follow-up.
- Manage event marketing budget.
- Manage agency relationships and production to execute events at the highest level.
- Build processes for repeatability and scalability of events activities.
- Think big to deliver new ideas and creative approaches to constantly improve the customer experience.
- Drive and deliver best practice documents and process improvement documents.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- 7+ years of events marketing experience in a technology environment; delivering live and virtual event programs (500+ attendees) that align to the customer journey and field sales goals
- 3+ years experience managing a team of 5 or more direct reports
- 7+ years facilitating cross-functional interactions to create, plan, and execute events
- 7+ years managing event budgets including POs and invoicing
- 2+ years salesforce experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, technology or a relevant field of study.
- 5+ years experience managing a team of 8 or more direct reports
- Capability to move easily between generating big, creative ideas, and driving ongoing process improvement
- Proven analytical and data-driven decision-making capabilities
- Analytical thinking shown to drive metrics and benchmarks to ensure continuous improvement in process and results
- Ability to identify better ways of working at scale through building new mechanisms and processes
- Demonstrated ability to perform well in a highly dynamic, geographically diverse, and rapidly changing environment
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Job ID: A1689710