Company Name: AMD
Location: Austin, TX
Type: Full Time
An opening is available to join the AMD Global Events Team, which manage worldwide events for key business segments and corporate marketing. This role is an instrumental part of the team and requires strong collaboration and influencing skills to deliver excellent experiences for stakeholders and program attendees. Successful execution is reliant on strong relationships with our business unit leaders and marketing colleagues, as well as ecosystem partners.
To succeed, you will need to effectively manage multiple priorities. You should enjoy working with a wide variety of people. You are both highly creative and well-organized. You can make decisions quickly – even with limited information. You can translate business objectives into clear visual narratives that can impact an audience. You are an experienced program manager who can take a project from concept to delivery, with patience and professionalism, and know when to manage up. You are comfortable managing vendor and senior-level relationships and communications. You understand the impact of events on business growth and are fluent in event marketing. You can manage a budget, including reporting, and have a consistent track record of meeting budget requirements. Travel will be required (mostly domestic) as 25-50% of the role and a valid passport/travel documentation will be necessary.
The team member selected for this role will be required to work cross-functionally throughout the company to:
- Determine the vision, scope, and objectives of a program with feedback from stakeholders
- Build the project plan, execute deliverables, and report on key milestones and activities
- Marshall the appropriate resources (internal and external) to ensure a program’s success
- Manage internal stakeholders, external partners, and vendors to achieve desired program objectives while staying within budget
- Lead all program-related communications, including internal and external communications, as well as marketing communication initiatives
- Coordinate as a team the development, logistics, and onsite production of all program elements (varying by type of program)
- Analyze, track, and report on program ROI based on budget and marketing metrics; inclusive of collaboration with the Campaigns team
- Travel both domestically and internationally, as needed
- Experience desired in managing large scale events and projects
- Experience working in multi-disciplined teams in a medium or large-sized business
- Expertise in event planning, program management, and budget management
- Ability to manage people directly or indirectly through influence
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Comfortable in worldwide scenarios with respect to local trends, social issues, and news
- AA, BA or higher education preferred
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.