Company Name: Amazon
Location: Seattle, WA
Type: Full Time
We are looking for a high caliber Sr. Event Marketing Manager to start a project with strategic significance and high exposure. The initiative is fundamental to Amazon’s future, and will provide great personal satisfaction and career development as we tackle some of the most intriguing problems in software architecture design and building highly scalable services. We are building extremely customer focused software that can also serve many fast-growing businesses for decades to come. The project will have regular reviews with the company’s senior leaders. The scope of the project is set to scale rapidly for the next few years post launch.
The team is seeking an experienced Sr. Event Marketing Manager to lead our overarching event strategy, planning and execution for events. The event scope will span educational content, acquisition, and retention. This individual will have a strong view point on the creative delivery and overall user experience. Keys to success in this role are an ability to create unique content, trust across multiple stakeholders, and execute against event plans in both virtual and in-person settings.
Your daily responsibility as an event marketing expert will include: working closely with product, tech, and marketing leads to identify goals, content, promotion strategy, customer experience mapping, speaker management, budget management, and logistics. You will utilize exceptional project management skills to deliver events in line with overall program strategy, serve as a communication leader, and drive customer acquisition/retention efforts through lead and data capture reporting. Your role will be to ensure all stakeholders are working together to deliver a high-quality event with maximized ROI.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of running successful events in both the virtual and in-person environments, have experience in digital marketing, excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, as well as familiarity with Marketing Automation or CRM tools such as Pardot, GotoWebinar, SalesForce.com or others.
- Manage key event programs, supporting with customer lifecycle (awareness, engagement, conversion, retention, etc.)
- Develop experiential events creative look and feel and ensure assets follow brand and style guidelines.
- Work closely with stakeholders, including content, design, product, and tech to create unique event experiences
- Oversee production and delivery of creative assets for virtual and in-person events.
- Develop best practices and program playbook, monitor industry trends and make team-wide recommendations on other marketing programs based on event insights
- Work with Marketing Automation lead to ensure event program data is properly tracked through our CRM
- Collaborate with sales operations on lead management process and integrations with marketing automation platforms.
- Post event reporting and analysis of event activities and ROI
- Plan, analyze and evaluate performance of ongoing events to optimize towards benchmarks
- Developing updates and communication for internal stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- 6+ years of professional, non-internship, work experience in event, marketing or engagement marketing roles
- Ability to expertly articulate ideas, experience decisions, and design work to senior level stakeholder
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with contemporary virtual event platforms
- Experience creating best-in-class experiences for customers
- Experience using data and metrics to measure performance, make optimizations, and make decisions from
- Proven track record of leading cross-functional teams
- MBA or other graduate degree in related field
- Experience growing and managing teams
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills – ability to use data to develop and measure marketing programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.