Company Name: ASM Global
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Type: Full Time
The Senior Event Manager (SEM) will be responsible for overseeing and directing the day-to-day event management operation of the Los Angeles Convention. The SEM will also lead, direct, and develop the team of Event Managers.
- Responsible for planning and executing assigned events with a focus on the venue’s largest, premier events
- Ensures event specifications, floor plans, settlements, and other event communication are distributed are accurate, concise and within expected standards
- Effectively communicate relevance and provide consultation on best practices based on the thorough knowledge of the Event Planning Guide and of industry standards. SEM strategically troubleshoots event challenges for solutions
- Lead and develops Event Managers
- Champion standard processes and consistent application of account management and diagramming software
- Conduct onsite client visits and meetings
- Nurture two-way communication and strong alliance with LA Tourism & Convention Board, the City of LA, union labor, LAPD, LAFD, AEG, contractors and other hospitality partners
- Represents LACC at onsite meetings to coordinate event schedule, traffic flow, parking needs and safety in the LA Live Entertainment District. Leads Weekly Events Review Meeting (WERM)
- Develop and implement a comprehensive department manual and leads training in all event management functions
- Temporarily assumes responsibilities of the VP, Event Services, as needed
- Complete special projects as assigned by the VP, Event Services
Required Qualifications (Job Knowledge, Skills, and Education):
- A minimum education level of: Associate of Arts/Sciences Degree (2-year), Bachelor of Arts/Science Degree Preferred
- Area of Study: Business, Hospitality or Venue Management
- Years of related work experience: 5-7 years
- Ability to effectively plan, execute and troubleshoot trade shows, conventions, consumer shows and other large events.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Must have the ability to manage both fiscal and ancillary resources.
- Ability to coordinate and schedule the work of others.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Required variable work schedule such as late hours, early mornings, extended hours, holidays, and weekends.
- Ability to multitask in demanding, highly active situations.
- Knowledge of building policies, city codes and fire codes as they pertain to event management.
- Certified Venue Profession (CVP)
- Certified Exhibition Manager (CEM)
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP)
- Working knowledge of Ungerboeck, iPlan, AutoCad or similar software
- Competency in Microsoft Office suite
- Previous management experience in a convention center venue
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee must frequently use a keyboard/computer screen for extended periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to lift, push, pull, and move up to 20 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to large public/private gatherings indoors/outdoors. Employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions. Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be required in certain situations. Employee must comply with all Federal, State and Local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate in office setting and moderate to high during events.
Pay Rate: $90,000-$100,000 Annual Salaried/Exempt.
EEO is The Law – click here for more informationopens a pdf fileASM is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply.