Company Name: OPENTEXT
Location: Virtual, CA
Type: Full Time
OPENTEXT – THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
The Senior Director, Corporate Events is responsible to oversee all corporate event logistics and program planning. The Global Corporate events team is responsible for the successful strategy and execution of all OpenText Events – in person, digital and hybrid models, as measured by pipeline yield and ROI.
The leader will align event strategy with the organization’s business strategy. The role will ensure each event realizes its full business potential as defined by senior management. Responsibility for the data, metrics and required reporting of event performance monthly, quarterly and by event
This is a leadership role with direct reports that includes the provision of coaching, mentoring and managing performance expectations. This role will build and maintain relationships, inside and outside of OpenText. The position works closely with our Executive Leadership Team to create events that drive strategic awareness of OpenText by our prospects and customers, facilitate internal planning and award as well as drive pipeline for Sales.
YOU ARE GREAT AT:
- Defining, evolving, and bringing to life our global events strategy in new ways to deliver against the marketing priority of pipeline generation and awareness, acquisition, acceleration, and advocacy.
- Serve as the thought leader and voice across OpenText for our global events program, sharing new components and regular updates with the company.
- Partner closely across the marketing team to ensure events are tied to integrated marketing campaigns and field activities that support our customer/prospect journeys.
- Help architect our story and attendee experience that inspires and engages our growing community in new ways.
- Persuade and gain buy-in on strategy and also drive efficient, high production Exec keynotes
- Mainstage management experience
- Collaborate across key functional areas, including, Product Marketing, Demand Generation, Account Development, Creative Services, Customer and Communities Marketing, Digital Marketing, Field Marketing, to ensure a cohesive pre-event, at-event, and post-event strategy to increase engagement and buyer enablement.
- Proactively engage with sales, renewals and PS teams to coordinate, communicate, and optimize the impact of event activities.
- Help define a measurement framework that holds events accountable to driving top-of-funnel leads and influencing pipeline at key accounts.
- Coach, inspire, and develop a team of global event professionals/marketers to further their success at OpenText.
- Look for opportunities to incorporate digital/virtual experiences in the event experience and focus on the way forward in the post pandemic event landscape
- Emergency and Risk Management plannining
WHAT IT TAKES:
- 12-15 plus years of delivering successful global customer event experiences.
- Ability to think strategically about the big picture and roll up your sleeves to execute on the steps to get there.
- Strong understanding and practice of event strategy and content development.
- A creative and resourceful thinker who can pivot or invent new ideas as needs change.
- Experience working in both digital and in-person event environments, with in-depth knowledge in managing internal and external production teams.
- Knowledge and experience with online event platforms and tools (reg/web/mobile) for digital, live-streamed, and in-person events.
- Exceptional visual, written, and oral communication skills and an ability to frame, position, and influence.
- Data-driven mindset focused on setting and measuring KPIs and pipeline metrics.
- Excellent budget and financial prowess.
- Background in enterprise software and/or cloud computing a plus.
OpenText’s efforts to build an inclusive work environment go beyond simply complying with applicable laws. Our Employment Equity and Diversity Policy provides direction on maintaining a working environment that is inclusive of everyone, regardless of culture, national origin, race, color, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, family status, age, veteran status, disability, religion, or other basis protected by applicable laws. Should you require accommodations during the selection process, please contact accomodationrequests@opentext(dot)com