Company Name: Cloudera
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
Cloudera is looking for a full-time Sr. Corporate Events Manager to plan, implement, and execute marketing and logistics for global customer events in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment. This position is responsible for the strategy, management and execution of Cloudera’s global roadshow program and may assist with our customer conference(s) and other events as needed.
In this role, you will work with our regional marketing and business units leads to scope, plan, and execute global/regional customer and prospect events with the objective of increasing opt-in responses and facilitating improved conversions while optimizing spend. This position requires a high attention to detail, flexibility, problem solving skills, a data driven mindset, and effective communication skills.
This position reports to the Head of Global Events.
- Plan and execute all aspects of the global roadshow program, including but not limited to vendor management, sponsor management, promotions, and staffing
- Ensure effective, cost-efficient execution of global events, including in-depth planning and tracking of complex budgets across various internal teams
- Conduct pre- and post-event planning meetings with key stakeholders to identify event objectives, messaging and marketing strategy, with operational efficiency and solution-oriented mindset.
- Submit post-event reports in a timely manner, including comprehensive details about event KPIs, including budget tracking, lead generation, and marketing activities
- Negotiate contracts with vendors and venues to ensure the best possible rates and concessions for all meetings and events
- Collaborate with internal departments including Legal, Accounting, Product, Creative, Brand and Content to ensure that all events are approved from legal, branding and messaging perspectives.
- Collaborate with customer marketing to plan and execute customer participation at events; ensuring a positive experience for our customers
- Leverage collaborative planning and communication tools such as Salesforce, Pardot, Tableau, Okta, Confluence, Google and Zoom to maintain collaborative management space for each event
- Assess and mitigate risk and respond to emergency situations by determining and implementing appropriate response with the support of legal, PR and/or other departments
- Build product knowledge and stay updated on industry, product, partners, and competitors
- Manage orders and fulfillment of branded merchandise and apparel for all events and event related activities
- Conduct site inspections and manage events onsite as needed
- Able to travel approximately 30% (global and domestic)
- Consistently evaluate and improve current processes with a focus on efficiency
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, and/or business, or a related field
- Minimum of 5-8 years event management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule as determined by business volume
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment with a dynamic range of people
- Ability to handle stress and stay organized, focused, even-tempered and congenial when faced with multiple deadlines
- Ability to think and plan strategically
- Must be a self-starter, with the ability to work well independently and collaborate effectively with a team
- Must be detail-oriented and ability to prioritize when volume of work is high
- Ability to proactively address issues at shows on site – proven problem-solving skills
- Strong diplomacy skills
- Positive attitude
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Google Productivity Suite, Salesforce, Pardot, and other CRM applications
- Ability to ride the constant flow of change
Preferred Qualification (great To Have But Not Absolutely Necessary)
- CMP or CPP certification
- Salesforce and Pardot experience
- Experience in the tech industry and channel
- Ability to travel 30%
- East-coast based