Company Name: TD SYNNEX
Location: Bernalillo County, NM
Type: Full Time
Do you have a passion for planning and managing events? We are looking for a Sr. Conference & Events Planner to join our team! This Sr. Planner role supports complex multi-night programs/events requiring logistical arrangements that may include air travel, hotel accommodations, food and beverage, theming, and other multiple suppliers to meet business objectives. This position is highly involved in communication updates to program sponsors, management, vendors, and customers. Our TD SYNNEX Agency team is one of the best in the industry providing amazing events for our team and vendor partners. If you’re interested in working for a Fortune company while providing exceptional customer service for our partners then apply today!
What You’ll Do
- Works with management and stakeholders to identify and develop opportunities for increased productivity
- Revises procedures, or devises new procedures or forms to improve efficiency of workflow.
- Coaches and mentors Event Planners.
- Acts as team leader within Event Marketing, provides insight and guidance in event development and execution.
- Reviews and evaluates contracts, job closures and invoices prior to elevating for management approval.
- Qualifies sponsor/customers event requirements and drafts event budgets and proposals.
- Researches appropriate venue/supplier options and makes recommendations for event.
- Negotiates event supplier contracts.
- Assumes fiscal responsibility and accountability for event budgets to include: budget projection for proposal, budget management during planning process, review/payment of final invoices, and event fiscal reconciliation/documentation.
- Utilizes database and other tools to manage, track, forecast, close and report on events jobs.
- Uses customized planning documents.
- Coordinates all event communications (including registration) to attendees.
- Prepares post event reports for sponsor/customer.
- Conducts pre-conference and post-conference debriefing meetings with stakeholders and suppliers.
- Plans/conducts site inspections.
- Develops and delivers presentations to all levels of management and customers.
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- Meets attendance and punctuality standards
What We’re Looking For
- A Corporate Event Planner with experience planning virtual and large-scale corporate conferences & events preferred
- Ability to take responsibility for projects and deadlines and take both praise and criticism well; Constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines.
- Display a preference for interacting with people, being friendly, outgoing, articulate and socially at ease.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a solid ability for proofreading and quality control.
- Recognize and attend to important details with accuracy and efficiency.
- Negotiate skillfully, promote/sell ideas persuasively.
- Possesses strong organizational and time management skills, driving tasks to completion.
- Able to analyze and resolve complex issues and problems in a sound and timely fashion.
- Assimilate research data from a variety of sources, analyze, and recommend appropriate courses of action to take.
- Coach others in the development of their skills.
- Knowledge of the IT Channel a plus, but not a requirement.
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex issues and problems in a sound and timely fashion.
- Network effectively to build solid, effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders at the same time.
- Expert in Webex, Zoom, Teams, and other virtual meeting and conferencing software; familiarity with Live streaming RTMP, Vidyard and/or Vimeo preferred; knowledge of Cvent, Marketo, and multiple Virtual Event Platforms preferred; knowledge of HTML preferred
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Able to lift and move up to 50 lbs. with reasonable accommodations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Position Discipline (Ex: Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations) preferred
- 4 + years of relevant event planning-specific experience; CMP Certification is a plus; Current Affiliation in Professional Organizations is a plus
- Able to travel for events and other work functions: Must have a valid Driver’s License and the ability to travel to all states, Canada, and Latin America
What’s In It For You?
- Elective Benefits: Our programs are tailored to your country to best accommodate your lifestyle.
- Grow Your Career: Accelerate your path to success (and keep up with the future) with formal programs on leadership and professional development, and many more on-demand courses.
- Elevate Your Personal Well-Being: Boost your financial, physical, and mental well-being through seminars, events, and our global Life Empowerment Assistance Program.
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: It’s not just a phrase to us; valuing every voice is how we succeed. Join us in celebrating our global diversity through inclusive education, meaningful peer-to-peer conversations, and equitable growth and development opportunities.
- Make the Most of our Global Organization: Network with other new co-workers within your first 30 days through our onboarding program.
- Connect with Your Community: Participate in internal, peer-led inclusive communities and activities, including business resource groups, local volunteering events, and more environmental and social initiatives.
We are committed to building a team that represents and empowers a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.