Company Name: Library Foundation of Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Type: Full Time
The Library Foundation of Los Angeles is seeking a Special Events Director to plan, execute and evaluate a variety of events which play a vital role in the organization’s fundraising, cultivation, marketing and stewardship programs. The primary responsibilities of the Special Events Director will be (1) planning and executing the annual major benefits, and (2) planning and executing membership, cultivation and stewardship events.
Duties, Responsibilities, Functions:
- Plan and execute signature LFLA events including major annual benefit events, donor cultivation and stewardship events, receptions, luncheons, dinners, donor meetings and other related activities. These events might be virtual, in person, or hybrid.
- Implement and maintain systems for tracking (financially and operationally) and evaluating events.
- Manage relationships with external vendors to ensure proper execution of events from start to finish. This can include graphic designers, mailing houses, valets, catering teams, accounting departments, and more.
- Attend relevant networking events and conferences to build and maintain vendor and venue relationships. Keep up to date on trends in event planning.
- Work collaboratively with the LFLA teams to develop, coordinate and monitor event budgets.
- Maintain a master events calendar.
- Attend most events to ensure quality control and leadership. Provide strategic assistance and recommendations to management.
- Manage a team of staff to to plan internal events (birthday, showers, work anniversaries, etc.)
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge And Key Skills:
- 4 years successful events and administrative experience working in donor related services for a nonprofit organization
- Proven ability to work with volunteer leaders, donors and patrons, handle confidential information, and exercise discretion.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, computer and
- Raiser’s Edge skills. Must be proficient in MicroSoft Office Suite, Outlook
- Scheduler, word-processing and spreadsheets with intermediate excel skills preferred.
- Meticulous attention to detail with a critical degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to work independently, take initiative, anticipate challenges, solve problems well and efficiently, and also to work within a fast-paced, dynamic team environment while maintaining creativity.
- Demonstrated record of working cooperatively and flexibly as part of a team.
- Outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work and to manage multifaceted projects simultaneously while meeting ambitious deadlines
- The successful candidate must be conscientious, self-motivated, diplomatic, and a strong team player.
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience.