Company Name: AEG
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
The Manager, Special Events & Marketing will work with the Special Events Directors in the New York City region on private rental sales & departmental marketing initiatives. The Manager, Special Events & Marketing will participate in advancing events, partaking in pre-event calls and onsite meetings (as needed), and working special events. The Manager, Special Events & Marketing will also be responsible for marketing strategy and day-to-day campaign management under the general direction of the Sales Directors, including venue promotion, social media campaigns, website updates, and development of marketing materials & sales collateral for venues.
- Work with Sales Director to create a marketing budget and plan based on experience in the industry and trends. Make action plans to market the venues specifically based on knowledge and research of clientele and location.
- Create and execute social media campaigns, assist in content creation, participate in website updates in an effort to increase sales ROI
- Work with Special Event Directors on sales initiatives, including contracting, client meetings, walk throughs, and on-site operations & execution
- Assist Special Event Directors with departmental tasks, ie: invoicing, accounts receivable and expense reporting.
- Proactively seek out new sales & marketing opportunities for venues in assigned regions; attend networking events to represent company under guidance and approval of Special Event Directors.
- A minimum education level of: Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree (4-year)
- 3-5 years of related work experience
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work both independently and within a team
- Strong networking skills with a proven ability to build and foster relationships
- Must be able to market venues and help drive new sales
- Event Coordination & Management
- Marketing Strategy, Execution & Reporting with a focus on digital outlets
- Must have a strong knowledge of special events
- The ability to handle Marketing budgets
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
Salary Range: $60,000-$70,000 (actual salary based on experience)