Company Name: Fanatics
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
At Fanatics Events, we are passionate about creating memorable and impactful experiences in the world of sports. We believe that every event we host is an opportunity to connect fans, athletes, and communities through the power of sports. If you’re an energetic, strategic Social Media expert in the sports or events industry who thrives in a dynamic environment, embraces collaboration, and is dedicated to fostering a positive culture, we want to speak to you.
We’re looking for a creative and innovative thinker who possesses a blend of organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills to join our marketing team. As the Social Media Manager, you will play a crucial role in developing and executing our social media strategy to build brand awareness, grow our online community, foster engagement across a variety of fan interests, drive attendance to our events, and improve the visibility for the entire ecosystem of cards and collectibles events to help build industry awareness. Your role involves creating compelling content, managing social accounts, and implementing campaigns that resonate with our diverse community of sports, collecting, and culture fans. The candidate will be expected to attend all the events we produce, providing exceptional customer service to our internal and external partners, and most importantly – the fans. The role will require travel to various partners and events nationwide. While offering hybrid work options, this role requires an average of one week per month at our New York office.
Our mission revolves around nurturing the most ardent and devoted fan communities out there. We’re on the lookout for individuals who aren’t just creative problem solvers, but those who thrive in the exhilarating atmosphere of a startup and are willing to put in the hands-on work to build something from the ground up and build massive events. We value collaboration, a sense of fun, and an aversion to drama and office politics. Our ideal team members are those who embrace challenges head-on, willingly tackle any task regardless of their title or job description and have a genuine passion for the work we do. If you’re ready to be part of a team that runs toward problems and fosters a culture of camaraderie and innovation, we would love to speak to you.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive social media strategy that focuses on brand building, channel growth, content creation, event promotion, and fan engagement for our sports, collecting, and culture events.
- Work with the Marketing Director and Marketing Manager to align SM strategies with the overall marketing objectives and to ensure consistency in branding and messaging.
- Create and maintain a strategic SM content calendar and work with the marketing, management, sales, and content teams to gather event insights and align SM efforts with the overall goals of the events.
- Identify key target audiences and create compelling content that resonates with a variety of fans with interests ranging from sports, collecting, culture, memorabilia, and beyond.
- Curate and create engaging, high-quality, assets, including static images, videos, and written posts for each social platform and collaborate with other Fanatics’ SM teams for cross-promotional opportunities.
- Foster and grow an active and engaged online community and monitor channels for relevant trends and conversations. Collaborate with influencers, partners, and sponsors to amplify the reach of our events.
- Approach all projects with a keen focus on detail and quality and maintain seamless communication with the team to meet or exceed set deadlines.
- Stay up to date with industry trends, social media best practices, and emerging platforms to continuously improve social media strategies.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Social Media Marketer in the sports/collecting industry with demonstrable experience of marketing consumer products or event marketing.
- Professional level knowledge of social media platforms, trends, and best practices for platforms including but not limited to Instagram, Meta, X, LinkedIn, Snapchat, TikTok, etc.
- Strong experience in social media marketing, consumer insights, developing and executing SM strategies, project management, and brand positioning and building.
- Experience with SM analytics tools and the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop) and/or Canva. Video editing is a plus.
- Excellent copywriting, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented with proficient leadership skills and excellent organizational and multitasking abilities.
- Creative mindset with the ability to think strategically, adapt to changing circumstances, and generate innovative ideas.
- A genuine passion for sports and the ability to translate that passion into social media marketing for our events.
The salary range for this position is $120, 000 to $162, 000, which represents base pay only and does not include short-term or long-term incentive compensation. When determining base pay, as part of a final compensation package, we consider several factors such as location, experience, qualifications, and training.