Company Name: Calix
Location: United States (Remote)
Type: Full Time
We are looking for a Senior Manager of Conference Marketing to drive strategy, planning and execution of our annual flagship Calix ConneXions Conference in a way that helps us continue to raise the bar for attendee experience, business impact, and industry influence.
The successful candidate will be passionate about creating and delivering highly engaging event experiences that align to business and marketing objectives, who is excited to roll-up their sleeves to solve problems, who wants to leverage marketing technology to support customer and prospect engagement and opportunity progression, and who has a data-driven approach. This person will have deep conference management experience, proven track-record for leading and motivating cross-functional teams, and superior executive communication skills.
Responsibilities And Duties
- Meet or exceed the financial and strategic goals established by leadership with a focus on consistent positive attendee experiences.
- Work closely with Senior Leadership to develop event strategy and drive event planning process designed to fulfill those objectives.
- Strategic thinker with an ability to drive revenue goals.
- Proactively contribute to the development of new and innovative approaches to meeting event goals and exceeding attendee experience expectations.
- Serve as the primary liaison with Conference Workstream Planning Committees, Partners, and Program Development teams for operational needs.
- Responsible for event creation and management using cutting edge event software tools, including Cvent and virtual platforms.
- Lead day-to-day oversight program logistics.
- Proactively manage budgeted expense and revenue targets.
- Manage and forecast operational costs for assigned conferences in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Manage Events Marketing agency relationship for current and future resource planning. This includes driving the staffing and resource planning, establishing dates and locations and conferences, and manage the venue procurement process as appropriate.
- Perform site inspections when necessary and select most appropriate location based upon criteria.
- Calix requires all employees based in North America who will work onsite at a Calix office, attend in-person meetings, and/or travel on behalf of Calix to be fully vaccinated. Calix will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required under applicable law.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 10+ years of relevant B2B conference, tradeshow, and event professional work experience, including providing logistic support and leadership of conferences/events.
- Advanced knowledge of Cvent is required. Experience with additional event software tools, including virtual, is preferred.
- Strength in collaborating with internal stakeholders including at the senior executive level.
- Strong project-management skills, including being detail-oriented and managing toward aggressive timelines.
- Ability to work early mornings and evenings during conference and during key planning periods leading up to the conference.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with customers, partners, and vendors.
- Ability to create and manage annual conference budgets utilizing Excel (Pivot Tables, Formulas, etc.) Prefer Intermediate or Advanced Excel skills.
- Ability to negotiate and implement conference contracts and partnerships.
- Willingness and ability to take accountability and with a positive attitude.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to handle high stress working environments during event; ability to operate in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Deals with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment.
- The ability to travel up to 25-30%.
- Ability to work evenings during conference.
- CMP or similar certification a plus.