Company Name: Nutanix
Location: Boston, MA
Type: Full Time
Nutanix is seeking a Sr. Marketing Events Manager to join a team of world-class event experts in managing virtual and physical events. The ideal candidate understands how to work with a range of stakeholders – both internal and external – and is upbeat, passionate about out-of-the-box thinking, and has impeccable attention to detail.
The Sr. Manager of Event Marketing is responsible for planning, executing, and optimizing trade shows and corporate events to drive global awareness and engagement with Nutanix. Additionally, this person will be responsible for pre and post-event marketing strategies, lead follow-up, and ultimately ROI from event activities
The ideal candidate must possess a keen understanding of B2B marketing, with expertise in event planning, tradeshow management, and customer-facing activities. The candidate should also be comfortable with logistics, vendor management, and negotiations. Finally, the candidate should also possess knowledge of B2B sales cycles and a solid understanding of driving engagement and lead generation through events.
- Develops objectives and strategies for the overall effectiveness and execution of marketing. events, such as trade shows and/or customer related events.
- Liaising with internal stakeholders, providing recommendations to meet individual event needs
- Continuously evaluating plans, providing recommendations for enhancements in order to remain competitive in the market
- Determine show calendar and level of participation.
- Manages and executes projects and marketing plans intended to maximize company exposure and produce sales leads.
- Works with internal/external resources to obtain needed materials and services.
- Negotiates contracts and manages relationships with outside vendors.
- Analyze & provide reporting to measure the effectiveness of programs and o ptimize goals and future strategy
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Marketing degree preferred
- 8+ years post-undergraduate experience managing events, tradeshows, seminars, and corporate marketing activities to support demand creation.
- Ability to work closely with Product Marketing to develop event messaging, collateral, and demo materials
- Comfort working with Sales teams pre and post event to align tradeshow objectives and follow-up
- Skilled in vendor management, contract negotiation, and logistics
- Familiarity with B2B / technology industry events preferred.
- Experience with marketing automation/ESP platforms preferred
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- An organized individual with great attention to detail and focus on quality of results
- A self-motivated individual; a good team player; someone who takes accountability and ownership of his/her own work
- Excellent communication skills, including demonstrated proficiency in oral, writing and presentation abilities in a business-focused setting
- High degree of creativity and a passion for event planning
- Successful track record working in a team environment
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.