Company Name: Fragomen
Location: Matawan, NJ
Type: Full Time
Leading immigration law firm Fragomen seeks a Senior Marketing Events Manager based in its Matawan, NJ or NYC office (remote to start). This role, which is a key part of the overall Marketing & Business Development Department, will be focused on managing, planning and executing events such as: client briefings, conferences, sponsorships, receptions, networking events and online events as well as managing and maintaining the firm’s worldwide event calendar. Events are currently managed and held in a virtual environment. Post COVID-19, we expect to hold events both in person and virtually.
The ability to multitask under tight deadlines and excellent organizational and writing skills are all “musts” for this position. The Marketing Events Manager will be conscientious, have a “can do” attitude and report to the Director of Marketing Technology and Events and will also work closely with the larger Marketing and Business Development Team, senior management, partners and practice leaders and other colleagues around the firm.
What a Senior Marketing Events Manager Does At Fragomen
- Manage the planning, strategy and execution for firm external and internal events, both virtually and in-person (when again possible). This includes all stages of event lifecycle such as: initial analysis, vision and research, working with key event stakeholders, negotiating with vendors, project management, AV and production, communications, logistics, post-event follow up and metrics, etc.
- Define objectives and messaging for events, including our strategic alliances and partnerships, to ensure they are aligned with business goals and objectives.
- Lead and drive meetings with partners and other event stakeholders to ensure key decisions are made and responsibilities are assigned.
- Travel to manage events onsite, as needed. NOTE: Anticipated to be 25-30%, but TBD post-COVID-19.
- Supervise and lead the Events team with reports in the Americas, APAC and EMEA to ensure that events are executed with best practices in mind and within firm strategy, brand and culture. NOTE: Employees based outside the US will have dotted-line reporting into the local / regional leads on our team in addition to reporting to the Senior Marketing Events Manager.
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of events, including managing event budgets, lead generation and other defined ROI metrics.
- Manage the firm’s central event calendar and digest and collaborate with Marketing Technology to ensure that event processes are reflected within the firm’s event management tool, website, webcast platform, email marketing and CRM systems.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills and ability to interface with external and internal clients and key stakeholders around the world.
- Provide additional support to special projects and the wider Marketing and Business Development Department, as needed.
Let’s Talk If You Have
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, event management, communications, public relations, or a related field. Master’s degree a plus.
- A minimum of 7 to 10 years of experience in a global events role preferably in a legal or other professional services firm; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in marketing immigration services a plus.
- Additional language skills a plus.
- Strong management/supervisory skills and ability to lead and motivate a team. Experience managing teams across various locations and in different time zones.
- Strong multitasking skills and the ability to work effectively in high-pressure situations requiring adherence to tight deadlines.
- Client service oriented with the aptitude to address internal and external clients’ needs in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to quickly develop a strong working knowledge of the firm, its practice groups, and its clients and their industry sectors.
- Highly analytical, organized and detail-oriented.
- Solid writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Accustomed to collaborating, excelling and delivering outcomes in a team environment.
- Capable of learning and understanding an audience and producing targeted events.
- Independently driven, resourceful, proactive and self-motivated with a “make it happen” mindset and excellent interpersonal skills.
- High proficiency with Cvent, Salesforce CRM, Marketo, Social Media platforms, SurveyMonkey, Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.); knowledge of InDesign and Adobe Creative and Marketing Cloud a plus.
The Senior Marketing Events Manager position requires a very high energy level and flexibility with respect to travel and schedule. All resumes must be accompanied by a cover letter explaining how your experience and education qualify you for this position.