Company Name: Okta
Location: United States (Remote)
Type: Full Time
At Okta, our Strategic Event Marketing, Customer Portfolio Team, designs and executes best-in-class events and experiences that establish Okta as a trusted advisor to the world’s largest organizations. The Customer Portfolio includes, but is not limited to, Okta City Tour, Oktane, Global Forums, and our annual Developer Series.
We are looking for an experienced event marketer to join our world-class team. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in managing global events end-to-end. This person will help shape the strategy and execution for the Okta City Tour and play an integral part in our annual flagship event, Oktane. We want a proven and experienced team leader with big ideas, but we also need someone who likes to roll up the sleeves and dig in on any details necessary to ensure success. They must be flexible with change and comfortable in a fast-paced environment. This is a highly visible role with exposure to leadership across the company and our customer portfolio.
- Own and drive the strategic vision for the Okta City Tour
- Manage pieces of Oktane, including but not limited to, sponsorships, breakout agenda, and ancillary programs
- Partner closely with business leaders to ensure cross-functional alignment on event goals and target outcomes
- Develop strong relationships with internal sales leaders and teams to deliver on attendance and pipeline goals
- Collaborate with event and cross-functional peers to ensure event success
- Track ROI, engagement, and audience feedback to measure results, assess opportunities for improvement, and optimize future events
- Lead and mentor a high-performing team to ensure goals are always exceeded, and the Okta brand is well represented
- Manage 3rd party vendor relationships with agencies and production partners
- Develop team standards, process documents, and playbooks that can be shared globally
Experience & Requirements
- 8+ years relevant experience in event management and marketing
- Excellent knowledge of and hands-on experience with all aspects of event management, budget management, logistics, vendor negotiation, and marketing
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while multitasking, re-prioritizing projects, and communicating priority updates to stakeholders
- Highly organized and detail-oriented self-starter with exceptional prioritization, organization, and time management skills
- Exceptional client and vendor management skills
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, and eloquent writing skills
- Experience having direct reports is required
- Able to travel 35% of the time
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum salary of $135,000 year + bonus + equity + benefits