Company Name: ACAMS
Location: Washington DC-Baltimore Area (Remote)
Type: Full Time
Reporting to the Senior Director for Global Operations, the Sr Manager, Virtual Events is a member of Global Service & Virtual Events Operations team responsible to manage a team dedicated to the effective virtual implementation of ACAMS existing and new educational content through webinars, courses and certifications. This individual will work closely with various regional & global teams including sales, marketing, events etc. and along with global counter parts to ensure efficient execution of agreed virtual events portfolio including custom/ private events.
The role holder partners, with stakeholders, to develop and implement a comprehensive global virtual events strategy that aligns with the organization’s goals and objectives. Additionally, this role requires a strong understanding of various platforms, including LMS, Salesforce, and webcast platforms like Teams and Zoom. The Sr Manager is expected to rely on their experience, outstanding communication, leadership skills, attention to details and sound judgment to ensure excellent service delivery. This position requires minimal supervision and the ability to communicate clearly, bridging the gap between different functions within the company and aligning all the teams involved – such as finance, marketing, programming, sales, and operations throughout the lifecycle of multiple projects.
- Develop and manage a comprehensive global virtual events strategy that aligns with the organization’s goals and objectives including (but not limited to) resource, technology & capacity, scheduling, budgeting and P&L management etc.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and external partners to ensure that virtual events meet the needs of attendees and stakeholders across different regions and cultures.
- Partner with internal teams to develop and implement attendee engagement strategies, including automation and other interactive experiences, to increase attendee satisfaction and retention.
- Manage global event registration, data collection, and reporting to provide insights into attendee behavior and preferences.
- Work closely with the technology, product etc. teams to ensure that virtual events are technically sound, reliable, and meet the needs of attendees on a global scale.
- Identify and manage event vendors, including virtual event platforms etc.
- Lead and motivate global team to provide excellent level of service to internal and external customers and to implement the culture of high performance and continuous improvement.
- Continuously evaluate and improve the effectiveness of global virtual events, incorporating attendee feedback, industry trends, and best practices.
- Map the key business processes, document and ensure they are reviewed frequently for updates.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field; master’s degree preferred.
- At least 10 years of experience in event & budget planning and management, with a focus on virtual events on a global scale.
- Strong knowledge of virtual event technology, including virtual event platforms, streaming technology, and other related tools.
- Strong understanding of platforms such as LMS, Salesforce, and webcast platforms like Teams and Zoom.
- Excellent project management, organization and problem-solving skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously on a global scale.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex ideas to stakeholders at all levels of the organization across different regions and cultures.
- Experience managing global budgets, vendors, and other resources.
- Experience managing and mentoring a team across different regions.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with internal stakeholders and external partners.
- Ability to work independently and in global team environment.
- Strong attention to detail and quality.
EEO – We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At ACAMS, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.