Company Name: NeuGroup
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
Passionate about organizing in-person and online/virtual meetings for financial professionals from the world’s top companies? We continue to have a quality of content, trust for engagement and interaction advantage that keeps people coming to us. In our virtual pivot with the pandemic, we have increased the opportunities for our members to share and learn within their peer groups and in working groups, according to topics of interest, projects and other groups for collaboration. We want to keep these exchanges and opportunities for interaction growing even as we are able to return to in real life events. Our events also provide an opportunity to market the value of NeuGroup as a platform to network, promote thought leadership, build awareness for new things, build solutions that bring the future forward and save everyone time through sharing and learning on key projects and priorities. Do you want to help shape a “NeuGroup Experience” factor to bring all that and more across at every event?
If yes, then the Senior Manager of Events position at NeuGroup is for you. In this role, you will oversee all of the logistics, activity planning and experience creation for 50 plus in-person meetings and an additional 250 virtual events per year, while coordinating with our group leaders, members and sponsor partners on agenda development, including memorable meeting content and experiences. Each of our Peer Groups for finance professionals consists of 20-50 members, meeting biannually in various locations across the US, plus a few events in Asia and Europe, either at member or sponsor offices, unique third-party spaces or offsite resorts. In between, we have monthly interim virtual meetings and virtual interactive sessions with members and other constituents for their peer groups, working groups or collaboration circles. Meetings are attended by our members, guest members, sponsor representatives and guest speakers.
Key Responsibilities Include
Pre-Meeting Preparation (80%)
- Plan unique participant experiences. Research local/virtual activities that make our meetings memorable, inspirational and foster member connections.
- Set the meeting calendar, including virtual events on our master planner. Work with the Peer Group Leader directors in setting the meeting calendar 1 year in advance. Thoughtfully factor in holidays and travel, host and sponsor schedules.
- Identify meeting hosts and locations. Work with our Sales Director and Peer Group Leader directors to identify volunteer meeting hosts (usually sponsors or member companies) and meeting locations. Coordinate with host to secure spaces that meet meeting requirements. Solicit hotel and restaurant recommendations.
- Reserve restaurants spaces, hotels, transportation. Finalize dinner / lunch menus. Hire florists; order gifts.
- RSVPs, Virtual Meeting (Zoom and Teams) and Member Community Site Management. Create meeting landing page on our closed community site that contains meeting logistics details. Email meeting invitations to members, sponsor participants and guest speakers.Create virtual backgrounds and experiences.
- Work with marketing on event promotion and event calendar updates, plus using event experiences to promote our brand.
- Meeting Attendance Tracking. Track attendance for dinners (and special meal needs) and meeting general sessions. Report attendance weekly to Peer Group Leaders and escalate any low RSVP response rates.
- Prepare and Distribute Meeting Materials to Meeting Locations in coordination with Peer Group Leader Team. Prepare print outs of member, sponsor and guest presentations. Prepare dinner and meeting session name tags for all participants.
- Attend select meetings and work with host, venue and Peer Group to ensure that meeting logistics.
- Post-Meeting Follow Ups & Special Projects (15%)
- Debrief with host point-person and Peer Group Leader on logistics.
- Adjust meeting RSVP attendance records in Salesforce to reflect any last-minute cancellations, substitutions, etc.
- Spearhead technology and process improvement process. Identify tasks that can be automated or improved.
- Send out thank you gifts to meeting hosts and sponsors.
In-Person Meeting Support (5%)
- Strong social skills. Able to develop strong relationships with sponsors/hosts over the phone and email.
- Communication. You have a bias for resolving issues via phone communication when email is not effective.
- Communicate in style and tone appropriate for high-level executives.
- Technology skills. You have a history of researching and implementing new technology platforms (e.g., RSVP systems and virtual meeting platforms) that automate tasks to minimize manual entry of data. You can structure and analyze data in Excel and know how to use PowerPoint and Word. Must have experience in using a CRM platform like Salesforce. Project and planning tool experience, including Asana, are also helpful.
- People Management Skills. Prefer experience in managing and developing direct reports.
- Multitask & Organizational. Able to plan multiple and concurrent meetings. Highly organized with an attention to detail.
- All hands. On occasion must be willing to work additional hours during peak seasonal periods.
- Experience. Minimum experience: 3-7 years.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Preference for marketing, communications, events, hospitality.
- Willing to travel. Occasional travel within the US will be required.