Company Name: Mainspring Energy
Location: Menlo Park, CA (Hybrid)
Type: Full Time
Driven by our vision of the affordable, reliable, net-zero carbon grid of the future, Mainspring has developed a new category of power generation — the linear generator — that delivers local, scalable, and , fuel-flexible power to help accelerate the transition to the net-zero carbon grid.
We are looking to build relationships with people who share our values:
- Pragmatic Optimism. Building a new category of world-class power generation requires the optimism of ambition and creativity, balanced with practicality to solve problems efficiently. The challenges that arise are opportunities for growth.
- Excellence without Ego. We bring expertise and commitment to creating the best customer experience, from sales to deployment and service, just as we apply deep technical rigor to building and delivering world-class products. We strive for excellence and behave as leaders with the humility to acknowledge our challenges, both collectively and as individual contributors.
- Proactive Collaboration. The integration and cross-disciplinary nature of Mainspring’s business requires intentionally seeking out others who bring different skills, perspectives, and priorities. Our culture of inclusion and respect extends beyond our team to interactions with our partners and customers.
In this role, you will assume full oversight of and responsibility for thoughtfully positioning Mainspring and its strategic partners in select target markets. This includes both proactively identifying and opportunistically vetting speaking, sponsorship, partnership, event, and promotional opportunities to be served by the commercial, product, executive, and government affairs departments. You will make prioritized recommendations to the business aligned with company objectives and will own budgeting, ROI reporting, and the establishment of continuous improvement processes via data driven insights.
You will simultaneously ensure exceptional internal customer experience, preparing the commercial, policy and product teams with key logistics, audience insights, preparatory FAQs briefings, and pre-event promotion (together with the marketing and corporate communications departments). As a leader, you will support Mainspring speakers and representatives by organizing event learning objectives, overseeing run-of-show plans, aiding with asset and presentation creation, contracting, handling on-site support (if required) and synthesizing key event findings.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Monitoring key event and industry trends, including the positioning of competing and adjacent industry peers, and the creation of audience listening tools
- Negotiating memberships & sponsorships with a process to maximize value across the commercial, product and policy teams
- Nurturing strategic relationships to ensure Mainspring is top-of-mind for collaborative opportunities
- Employing lessons learned from research, strategy development, and partner engagement to continuously improve Mainspring’s positioning
- Building and maintaining the Mainspring promotional asset inventory and intranet ordering portal
- Building a network and approving final selection of trusted vendors, technology, and other event service providers
- Managing contracts, purchase orders and invoicing
- Ensuring brand guidelines are upheld with third party partners
- At least 7 years of experience in trade show and/or event planning with start-to-finish management skills both in person and across digital formats
- Bachelor’s Degree required (preferably in marketing, communications, or event management), advanced degrees preferred (e.g., Masters, MBA)
- Proven track record with complex stakeholder mapping and management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A customer-centric approach
- Energy industry experience a plus
The Bay Area salary for this role is $150k-$185k base + pre-IPO stock options + benefits. This position can be hybrid. The salary will be adjusted to reflect local market conditions based on employee location as well as the experience of the employee.