Company Name: Visa
Location: Foster City, CA
Type: Full Time
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
This role will be a member of Visa’s North America (NA) Operations team, which is responsible for various client and employee initiatives supporting the regional sales team for the U.S. and Canada. The position requires an event professional with a well-rounded set of skills for both in-person and virtual events, a high level of energy, and a demonstrated ability to thrive and remain flexible in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment.
As a member of the North America Meetings & Events team, you will be responsible for supporting the execution of a varied portfolio of client and internal events. The types of events and meetings include, but not limited to, monthly internal NA All-staffs, annual sales leadership meetings, client roundtables, and large client-facing events with C-level attendees. Candidate should be tech savvy with a forward-thinking mindset focusing on what is next in the event industry, and with direct experience implementing strategic meetings management (SMM) processes in hybrid and virtual environments. This includes knowledge of AV & digital production, development of virtual/hybrid engagements, event communication development, onsite logistic execution, online registration management, and administration of event technology platforms.
This individual needs to understand strategic business objectives and help translate them into successful event programs at the various required levels. You will need to effectively communicate with North America Operations executives and sales leadership as well as work collaboratively across internal teams such as Corporate Events, NA Marketing, Corporate and Employee Communications, Brand and NA business function staff. This position reports to the Director, North America Meetings & Events and is based in Foster City, California (with the need to be in our San Francisco offices as required). While proximity to Visa’s corporate headquarters is preferred, qualified candidates in other markets will also be considered.
- Support NA Meeting and Events team on all things end-to-end event planning for various in-person and virtual events
- Enhance our virtual event strategy by utilizing the latest event technologies and platforms to develop digital environments for registration, attendee engagement and content sharing
- Manage & implement the effective strategies to grow and enhance the hybrid event approach
- Draft, design and distribute event communications pre-, during, and post-programs (i.e., meeting calendar holds, save the dates, invitations, registration reminders, event newsletters, push notifications, event surveys)
- Develop and maintain accurate event budgets; administer and reconcile event payments/invoice
- Manage and report on pre-event registration and post-event metrics/analytics
- Be onsite during events in support of overall event management (registration desk, speaker support, hotel/venue management, shipping, production support, etc.); 10% travel required
- Manage event giveaway inventory with fulfillment partners
- Maintain detailed event and budget records for internal documentation/audit purposes
- 8 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 5 or more years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 2 years of work experience with a PhD
- 9+ years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 7 or more relevant years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3+ years of experience with a PhD
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) Certification preferred
- Direct event management experience supporting large corporate conferences and/or C-level meetings
- Knowledge of Payments industry or event experience at Fintech organization a plus
- Experience designing and supporting virtual events. Knowledge of virtual event platforms such as Cvent, On24, Eventfinity
- Proficient in MS suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); savvy with technology with a data-focused mindset
- Able to manage basic graphic design tasks (resize images, cropping, etc.); Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator a bonus
- Marketing experience a plus; with an understand of event branding and design
- Experience managing AV support needs for large scale virtual meetings using MS Teams and/or WebEx
- Ability to collectively manage multiple projects and work independently within a complex and evolving environment.
- Excellent at collaboration cross-functionally with colleagues at all levels as well as external vendors/partners, to accomplish meeting/events objectives
- Strong PowerPoint skills to edit, and format a string of decks together for department wide presentations
- Superior communication skills (written & verbal); skills developing website copy and event communications
- Serious attention to detail and a commitment to excellence
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency, and deliver under tight deadlines/time frames; prioritize workload
- Trustworthy and credible; ability to manage sensitive information and share only as needed/appropriate
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Job Number: REF000295W