Company Name: Equinix
Location: Frisco, TX
Type: Full Time
The Senior Manager, Events Management is responsible for overseeing all event logistics, working in partnership with the Global Events Team operations and content departments. Coordination of events will also include collaboration with executives and their representatives, field marketing and partner marketing. Responsibilities include managing logistics for conferences, tradeshows, customer meetings, data center openings, sales events, executive meetings, internal department offsites and other events as needed. The position is a people leadership role and will be reporting into our Senior Director of Global Events.
- Oversees the successful completion of work and the professional development of direct reports.
- Responsible for: Succession planning, Performance management recommendations, Grow, Perform & Succeed (GPS) process including assessments and Talent development, including quarterly conversations, career pathways conversations and individual development/growth plans.
- Models the Equinix Culture and Values
Resource and Budget Management
- Communicates budget estimates for cross functional projects/programs, and ensures teams execute assigned projects within approved budgets.
- Provides input to the annual budget planning process.
- Advocate for compliance with Equinix T&E and budget policies for all events.
- Establishes goals, strategies, targets, and outcomes.
- Leads the planning process for meetings and events including identifying event objectives.
- Leads event planning calls throughout the entirety of the event lifecycle.
- Collaborate with Equinix colleagues to plan and execute events – this includes working closely with executives, content, operations, attendee management, field marketing, partner marketing, creative services, digital marketing, social media, brand, and other teams.
- Travel for site inspections, pre-planning meetings and to manage events, sometimes with short notice.
- Works with attendee management to ensure hotel space fits the program requirements prior to contracting
- Sources restaurants, and other event venues to contract space appropriate for events.
- Establishes design/approach for each event.
- Actively shares best practices and new ideas in activities, experiences, and venues.
- Responsible for event timelines i.e., sponsorship deliverables, payment schedules, communication deadlines, budgets, expenses, and fiscal/legal compliance.
- Develops, maintains, and analyzes detailed metrics reports for performance tracking and budgets.
- Contributes to post-event reports and debriefs.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 12+ years of related experience or equivalent work experience.
- Up to 50% travel both domestically and internationally
- Must have experience managing high-touch, executive events.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Deadline-oriented with attention to detail and process.
- Possess strategic planning skills, including the ability to create unique and positive attendee experiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with high professionalism.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Must be highly collaborative and transparent.
- Able to work independently and accomplish goals with little supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint & Excel
- Exposure to Cvent meeting management tool
- Must be able to move and lift boxes occasionally.
Equinix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and, in the U.S., an Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to unlawful consideration of race, color, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, place of birth, citizenship, sex, pregnancy / childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic partnership status, age, veteran or military status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, political / organizational affiliation, status as a victim or family member of a victim of crime or abuse, or any other status protected by applicable law.