Company Name: Fidelity Investments
Location: Smithfield, RI
Type: Full Time
The Senior Event Manager will deliver best in class event experiences for the firm’s associates, clients, and prospects. They will have a natural curiosity about the business strategy and leverage their skills to create and flawlessly execute programmatic experiences that support the objectives.
The candidate will be experienced in the development of broad initiatives, while engaging in project management, including creating and managing budgets, creating timelines and workplans, leading planning meetings and working teams, and interfacing with senior leaders to provide frequent status updates. We are looking for a good communicator who keeps colleagues and stakeholders informed. The candidate will be in command of complex event logistics, including, but not limited to sourcing and managing speakers and vendors, and creating dynamic production schedules.
The ideal candidate is skilled at producing both in-person and virtual experiences. They are comfortable with digital environments and have a proven track record of creating high quality virtual events utilizing various technology platforms.
The dynamic Meetings and Events team collaborate with business partners on the planning, budgeting, and design of all internal and client events. The team manages over 1000 events a year with a focus on creating seamless and memorable experiences that support business and firm-wide objectives.
The Expertise You Have
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 7 years of related work experience
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Zoom Meeting and Zoom Video Webinar; Experience with Intrado/Intrado VX a plus
- Experience with event registration systems and event mobile app platforms (Cvent, CrowdCompass preferred).
- Knowledge and experience with event production including: lighting, audio, video, and technical direction (for both in-person and virtual events)
- Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Experience creating well designed, yet concise presentation decks using PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including a command of proof reading
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Willingness to apply creative and strategic thinking to routine and new events
- Comfortable interacting with firm senior executives as well as other notable industry leaders
- Experience crafting, planning and executing multi-day, multi-faceted events
- Ability to manage working teams on complex programs – ensuring that all milestones and deadlines are met
- Broadcast and/or digital marketing experience a plus
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information
- Ability to work independently under own direction and initiative
- Ability to travel within the U.S. and work flexible and/or fluctuating work hours
The Skills You Bring
- You demonstrate exceptional time management and organizational skills with a proven record of success in planning, managing, and executing multiple events simultaneously.
- You have experience managing mid to large-size budgets, possess advanced knowledge of contractual language pertaining to meetings and events, and have significant experience negotiating with vendors.
- You collaborate with team members and business partners, have a proven ability to work well independently and as part of a team, can successfully manage planning teams comprised of colleagues and peers, and embrace and contribute to a positive work environment.
- You demonstrate knowledge of successful approaches, tools, and techniques for dealing with changes and adapting to a changing environment and you have the ability to adapt as needed.
- You communicate clearly and concisely, both, orally and in writing and you possess strong critical thinking and active listening skills.
The Value You Deliver
- Serving as an event project manager, creating timelines, organizing planning meetings, managing working teams, interfacing with business partners (ie. sales, relationship management, product, marketing) to drive toward deliverables, and keeping stakeholders informed.
- Consulting with senior management and colleagues regarding event strategy, objectives and program goals; making recommendations to achieve maximum impact for minimal spend.
- Collaborating with the marketing, communications and product groups to ensure appropriateness of branding, including presentation content.
- Designing engaging relevant event experiences that resonate with attending audiences and achieve key business objectives for internal and external audiences, including new and existing clients.
- Playing an integral role in all agenda content development and work with speakers on all logistical items.
- Developing success measures and evaluate all major events against objectives, recommending areas for improvement.
At Fidelity Investments, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As a privately held company with a rich 75-year history, our mission has remained the same since our founding: to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity—we offer a range of opportunities for learning and growth so you can build the career you’ve always imagined. We welcome associates from different backgrounds and with different perspectives to help us innovate and make a difference for our customers and our communities.
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 2.