Company Name: Salesforce
Location: New York City, NY
Type: Full Time
We are looking for a high-reaching self-starter, an all-star athlete and individual contributor, to join the Heroku Marketing team to lead the Events and Customer Marketing. This is a dual role with equal emphasis on leading both our world-wide events presence and customer success narratives. As an Events Marketer, you will partner with the leadership for active participation in industry conferences, oversee the venue logistics, swag, booking, and billing, and handle event tracking, reporting, and analysis. You will work closely with the various teams – product, engineering, sales, and developer relations to develop and complete strategies to represent Heroku in industry events and conferences that drive pipe across regions and increase brand value.
As a Customer Marketer, you will highlight a background in collaborating with partners, excels in relationship-building, and thrives in the intersection of marketing, sales, and business development. This role calls for a strategic problem solver at identifying joint marketing opportunities and igniting customer enthusiasm for sharing their achievements. You will play a pivotal role in amplifying our brand’s impact and cultivating lasting customer relationships.
- Develop and complete comprehensive event marketing strategies aligned with business objectives, ensuring events supply to organizational growth and brand visibility.
- Lead end-to-end event planning and execution, including venue selection, logistics, vendor management, budget and onsite coordination to ensure flawless and successful events.
- Collaborate with internal teams, including sales, product, engineering, developer relations, growth to align event activities with overall marketing and business goals.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with key customers to identify advocates who can share success stories, provide testimonials, and participate in case studies.
- Oversee the creation of customer-focused content, including case studies, testimonials, whitepapers, and webinars, that showcase the value and benefits of the product or service.
- Organize customer-centric events, webinars, and workshops to foster relationships, provide value, and gather feedback.
- Drive event attendance through effective promotion strategies, including email campaigns, social media, partnerships, and targeted outreach to relevant audiences – developers, architects and IT leaders.
Key Qualifications & Experience
- Experience will be evaluated based on alignment to the Values & Behaviors for the role (e.g. extracurricular leadership roles, military experience, volunteer work, etc.).
- 5-10 years experience in enterprise software with a deep understanding of developer focussed industry events and IT customers, with a strong customer-facing background.
- Authoritatively navigate complementary teams across multiple departments, time zones, and functions to achieve consensus amid individual priorities.
- Cultivate positive customer experiences, showcasing a track record of success in this area.
- Dynamic, confident personality that is self-motivated and capable of working in a fast-paced environment, with a can-do, innovative and creative approach
- Experience successfully talking to external vendors and external marketing agencies
- Deliver impactful presentations to leadership, showcasing robust presentation-building skills.
- Strong public speaking skills and ability to develop customer-facing presentations.
- Experience working in developer first or cloud native companies
- Masters or MBA degree
Salary range for this position is $146,600 to $219,900.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.