Company Name: Concentrix
Location: Home, KS
Type: Full Time
Concentrix is looking for an awesome Event Manager to assist in the day-to-day management of corporate events and other projects throughout the company. This position will report to the Associate Director, Corporate Events and Rewards & Recognition, and involves fully planning, directing and monitoring the events and programs they are assigned to.This role will work to identify locations and venues to be used for future events and assist in the planning and organization of current events such as the Annual Kickoff Meeting, Global President’s Club programs and more. This position will also work on other projects that may arise as a part of our global business needs.In short – this is an IMPORTANT position with a lot of moving parts and we need someone who not only has the skills to handle it all, but the drive, tenacity and willingness to do whatever it takes to really knock things out of the park and provide world-class events and experiences for our incredible staff!
What you’ll be doing:
- Using our meeting platform to researching and identify possible destinations (cities/countries) to host meetings & events.
- Researching and brainstorming fun, creative and engaging new events, experiences and opportunities.
- Researching grants and other business incentives available to help reduce costs.
- Researching vendors at selected destinations for services like:
- Audio Visual
- Venues to host group events
- Entertainment (music, movie outings, adult-sized bounce houses, whatever)
- And more!
- Managing the Request for Proposal (RFP) process and responses for events under your direction.
- Assisting our Internal Communications team with program communications to maximize results.
- Adapting to changing projects, programs or technology requirements.
- Creating and managing project plans and ensure projects meet deadlines.
- Reviewing and suggesting changes to approaches, strategies and plans. We want contrarian thinkers!
- Monitoring, tracking and managing team tasks/execution against established deliverables, plans and objectives.
- Working closely with the Event lead to bring their vision to life.
- Assisting in establishing realistic budgets.
What we want out of our dream candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 8 – 10 years event planning/management experience.
- International event planning/ management experience a must have.
- Knowledge and experience in managing schedules, budget, risk management and issues.
- Strong natural leadership ability.
- Comfortable working directly with and assisting executive leadership and Board of Director members.
- Above-average verbal and written communication skills across all levels/audiences within an organization.
- Experience with negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Suite and Adobe Acrobat. Must be comfortable using PowerPoint, building and editing presentations using advanced features & capabilities.
- Strong experience with Audio Visual equipment, including managing the set-up between our presentations and the AV company’s equipment to ensure smooth presentations and transitions from PPT and/or video to the screen.
- Experience & comfort in utilizing virtual platforms such as Zoom or Aventri. Must be able to create/set up event registrations and apps.
- Comfortable with managing all elements of a hybrid or virtual meeting including the technical elements, running rehearsals before an event and presentations the day of.
- Detail-oriented and timeline focused.
- Strong research ability. You will need to find necessary data, programs and vendors/venues for various programs.
- Experience speaking with vendors in other countries and the ability to communicate our requirements for events.
- Ability to stay focused and organized under stress so events or programs go off without a hitch.
- Ability to quickly resolve issues.
- Ability to approach problems with a CREATIVE mindset.
- Flexibility to travel domestically and internationally a requirement for the role.
Concentrix is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Disabled/Vets.