Company Name: Pure Storage
Location: Santa Clara, CA (Hybrid)
Type: Full Time
Pure Storage is seeking an experienced, energetic and highly motivated senior event manager to drive production and execution of our external Tier 1 events. The right person has the ideal mix of creativity and logistics, who pays close attention to detail, and knows how to manage all types of events.
The primary function will be managing projects from site selection to event completion. This involves working with various key stakeholders to develop future plans and strategies in a fast-paced, ever changing environment. The secondary functions will include; financial tracking, mentoring/motivating the event team; building / maintaining strong client and vendor relationships.
- Working with procurement to source, contract, and manage external vendor resources
- Working with internal resources in the execution of project components handled internally by Pure Storage
- Ability to execute multi-day conferences including management of meeting space, av, food and beverage and other required components
- Corresponding with external resources, customers, and other Pure Storage teams and building strong, mutually respectful relationships with clients, vendors and facility representatives
- Site Selection: establish requirements, conduct research and recommend meeting venues and cities,including on-site visits
- Using Cvent for sourcing, registration and reporting
- Complete post meeting activities including, but not limited to event surveys/post-mortems
What You’ll Need To Bring To This Role…
- Manage large events and roadshows, support on other internal events
- Developing out of the box ideas and industry leading events
- Organize and lead regular planning meetings in various time zones with internal teams such as product marketing, corporate marketing, and third-party vendors
- Manage timelines and deliverables for logistics/creative/marketing teams and ensure critical deadlines are communicated, tracked and met
- Clearly communicate objectives, project status and updates to team members on a regular basis
- Prepare and manage budget for events, reconcile invoices/PO in a timely manner to ensure accuracy
- Create event overview presentation, staff schedule and show survival guide; coordinate staff training
- Procure, coordinate and manage global third-party vendors such as decorator, A/V, catering, freight shipping, labor/show unions, and show management
- Manage on-site setup, support during event and breakdown of events; organize and run after hour events and transportation
- Manage small events and programs dependent on event team needs and calendar in the form of conferences, c-level events, sponsorship programs, roadshows, etc.
- Minimum 10 yrs of experience with a degree or diploma from an accredited institution
- Familiarity with digital event platforms and post pandemic in person challenges
- CMP a plus
- Program management certification a plus
- Ability and flexibility to travel up to 15%, and work overtime as needed to attend events and client meetings (including weekends)
- Proficiency with basic computer programs, including Google Suite
- Experience with other technologies: Zoom, SFDC, Marketo, Cvent, Mobile event apps
The annual base salary range is: $141,000– $212,000.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.