Company Name: Ansys
Location: Canonsburg, PA
Type: Full Time
Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world’s most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
The senior event specialist is a strategic virtual event strategist and producer with expertise and experience in the planning and execution of mid-to-large scale virtual exhibits and meetings. As a member of the global Marketing team, this individual is responsible for leading the development and implementation of virtual event experiences including webcasts, webinars, digital event design concepts, that facilitate an unmatched customer experience. This includes reinforcing Ansys’ core values and reputation for innovative execution of event strategy, designing an environment for high-impact and productive customer, media and partner interactions and project managing all aspects of executive events across a highly matrixed, global organization.
- Act as the single point of contact for internal clients and own end to end virtual events strategy and technical execution of engaging online events and world-class on-site productions.
- Coordinate with communications team (digital, PR, social, strategic events, creative, content etc.), product and field marketing to define, execute and measure campaigns that align with and amplify brand, thought leadership and product and solution marketing plans
- Coordinate pre-production items leading up to live events including but not limited to – Working with multiple third-party AV providers to design the production and then book and manage crews and production equipment
- Own all pre-event coordination and communication with digital platform partners, external AV partners, client remote sites, venues and internal teams to ensure a successful event.
- Select optimal virtual platforms and contribute to the negotiation of virtual platform contracts and well as vendor management
- Creating and delivering a full production plan consisting of event specific communications, schedules, contact lists, processes, production notes and testing/rehearsal requirements
- Represent Ansys as the main point of contact for the stakeholder during the event and acting as the technical director for the production. These responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working with the client to ensure the production is meeting their requirements and implementing any changes they request.
- Communicating and implementing any changes with sales, internal teams and platform crews
- Directing the platform show producer during event setup and production to ensure client expectations are met.
- Acting as the final quality check for all aspects of the managed production and ensuring the entire live production and webcast run smoothly.
- Direct our Webcast or platform partners to ensure the webcast is created properly and all pre-event quality checks are done, streams are encoded properly, and any technical escalations are handled in a timely manner.
- Lead attendee engagement from every event by driving the right strategy for physical, virtual and hybrid events – all delivered from multiple platforms.
- Drive event marketing impact and performance by connecting everything together.
- Track action items and deliverables for each project and lead reviews with project stakeholders on a weekly basis.
- Maximize return on investment for stakeholders with instant access to valuable leads
- Instill trust and confidence with our stakeholders, sponsors and partners and cement yourself as trusted partners in their event processes.
- Keep up with industry trends and make recommendations on new equipment, software and processes to make our business more effective.
- Process oriented mind that can help refine our processes and best practices over time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty at the highest level. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required. Equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for educational requirements.
- 5-10 years of experience related to virtual event/event management or similar role required.
- Experience working with unions and corporate event environments a plus
- Working knowledge of wide variety of virtual event platforms such as Intrado, On24, Rainforce, Brella, Swapcard, etc
- Familiar with corporate productivity tools including Microsoft Office 365
- Experience with live video production workflows
- Proficient with live streaming systems and software
- Able to handle real-time changes during event setup and execution
- Strong team player skills and the ability to work autonomously as primary production lead
- Strong organizational skills
- High capacity to project management multiple, concurrent events
- Incredible attention to detail
- Ability to work in high-stress, client facing environments