Company Name: Amazon
Location: Culver City, CA
Type: Full Time
Prime Video brings together the world’s best creators with the most passionate communities in a way that no other entertainment brand can. Not only are we a one-stop hub for distinctive, critically-acclaimed and award-winning original programming including TV series such as The Boys, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Jack Ryan and movies like Borat Subsequent MovieFilm, Coming 2 America, Cinderella, and The Tomorrow War, but we offer a multi-dimensional experience that allows subscribers to fully immerse themselves in their fandom: to read the book, to listen to the soundtrack, to buy the costume, to replay live sports in real time, and more. And that breadth and connection to the Amazon family of brands, along with the support of a passionate and diverse global team, makes Prime Video a company where creators and makers of all kinds can build their future.
Prime Video is seeking a highly intelligent, motivated, and results-oriented individual with a passion growing a business focused on unique and inspiring entertainment that delivers for our customers worldwide. The Senior Events Marketing Manager, Consumer Events will manage a team that is responsible for ideating, executing and managing external agencies for all consumer and Prime Video brand events for Amazon Original Series and Movies. These events will build awareness and deepen engagement with Prime Video series. This candidate will lead the development of the events strategy, ideate and execute a wide range of events from San Diego Comic Con and SXSW to standalone bespoke events, activations, and promotional stunts.
In addition to strategy, this candidate will work closely with various marketing teams including brand, media, creative, social, international, research, legal, partnerships and PR, as well as external agencies. The successful candidate will have a proven track record for concepting and executing events, will work autonomously to set the event roadmap, deliver measurable results, possess the ability to complete a high volume of task and projects quickly, have great attention to detail and organization skills. This person should possess the following; strong project management skills and excel at relationship building. This individual will be based in Los Angeles, California.
- Develop the Consumer and Prime Video brand event strategy, think big ideas, planning and execution of events for Prime Video Original Series and Movies.
- Collaborate with and manage internal stakeholders to develop events for Prime Video Original Series.
- Track and analyze key marketing metrics and event performance.
- Collaborate with external agencies.
- Act as a leader and “catalyst” who inspires others to deliver bar-raising, best in class ideas and plans, eliminating barriers that may work against them.
- Partner with various marketing functions divisions to develop an innovative, effective and never been done before events campaign, from approach to execution.
- Is on-location to manage events.
- 5+ years of relevant marketing experience managing events, ideally at a studio, entertainment company, brand or agency.
- Experience managing event budgets and working with teams to track and forecast.
- Experience collaborating with internal partners and stakeholders, talent, and/or external stakeholders.
- An understanding of marketing principles and communication tactics including various forms of digital/social, out of home, grassroots, TV/radio, and alternative marketing.
- Relevant marketing experience within entertainment or original entertainment properties.
- Knowledge of the TV/entertainment landscape and streaming platform.
- Advanced decision-making skills with proven ability to lead, influence, align and inspire teams, including those who are not direct reports.
- Project management skills, with ability to juggle multiple partners and excel in a lean and demanding work environment.
- Willingness to work hard and roll up sleeves to get work done, even when at times it is outside the scope of the job.
- Operates with significant autonomy.
- Demonstrated bias for action and willingness to roll up sleeves to get work done, even when outside the scope of the job.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.