Company Name: Bentley Systems
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Type: Full Time
The Senior Events Marketing Manager is primarily responsible for the timely execution of the promotions plan to support virtual and onsite corporate events and initiatives, with a strong focus on hybrid, virtual events. In this role, you will work with key stakeholders to ensure that the event strategy and execution achieve the stated objectives and that the corporate brand gets communicated accurately and consistently. This position is also accountable for the end-to-end program management for assigned events. It requires strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, with attention to detail and timelines. This role requires knowledge of video production requirements, event platforms, and event production. Candidate must be able to independently collaborate with multiple stakeholders across different regions and organizations to ensure event results are met.
- Construct and define an event framework to achieve goals and continually apply best practices and creative ideas to represent and promote Bentley applications.
- Coordinate with key stakeholders to create and confirm agendas and promotional content to support each event.
- Create and communicate promotional toolkits to the regional marketing and sales team(s) for localization and deployment to generate the highest quality attendance.
- Provide expertise on physical, hybrid, and virtual events and reporting systems (e.g., On24, Splash, Zoom Teams, Certain, Snowflake, SharePoint).
- Create and ensure the communication of sales toolkits to enable sales, channel, and Advancement Teams to promote and support events.
- Create content and maintain updates to event landing pages and microsites, including coordinating text localization as required.
- Develop promotional messaging and continually test and evaluate subject lines, images, layout, and length to improve open rates, click-through rates, and conversions. Make ongoing adjustments to meet set goals.
- Create, distribute, and maintain an event summary template to ensure all stakeholders know goals, performance, and onsite, hybrid, or virtual activities/offers.
- Champion and deliver reports, dashboards, and presentations to communicate event targets, metrics, successes, failures, and suggested improvements to key stakeholder.
- Ensure post-event leads, professional development hours, final attendance numbers, etc., have been appropriately processed and communicated.
- Align promotion plans with the logistics and budgeting process (including, Virtual events, third-party promotion, receptions, onsite promotions, corporate sponsor agreements, etc.).
- Manage and standardize processes for corporate events and document best practices and branding guidelines.
- Coordinates with regional marketing teams to ensure Sales and other key stakeholders are aware of planned event programs in the region.
- Engage with the digital marketing team to ensure events are integrated into campaigns. Work with Marketing Engagement/Creative Services for creating and/or editing email and landing page copy, providing segmentation and audience input.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, And Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, related field, or relevant training and/or experience.
- Minimum 5 – 8 years of related event planning experience focusing on events directly impacting revenue operations and/or customer experience, preferably at a software company, including managing virtual, hybrid, or roundtables events.
- Experience managing the development and adherence to Event Plans (planning, pre, during, and post-event).
- Significant experience managing C-level events, roundtables, and strategic events for acquiring new contacts and accounts is a plus.
- Ability to report on event effectiveness, as measured by reports, surveys, testing, and rates.
- Experience with Marketo is a plus.
- Experience with event mobile apps and surveys.
- Familiarity of event registration systems and mobile app platforms (Splash, Rainfocus, CVENT, On24, Certain, Zoom, GoToWebinar, WebEx, Hopin, etc.).
- Knowledge of video production, scripting, editing, and production requirements for staging and projection requirements for physical and virtual events.
- Experience with live event production, including lighting, audio, video, and technical direction.
- Ability to manage the development of event-related internal/external communications.
- Can decipher and apply appropriate existing user or new business event strategies.
- Experience managing department budgets and communications with vendors.
- Ability to identify, solicit, and confirm opportunities to assert Bentley as a thought leader.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong editing and proofreading skills.
- Must be deadline-driven and detail-oriented.
- Understanding the software industry and Bentley markets is a strong plus.
- Strong knowledge of Office 365, specifically PowerPoint, Word, and Excel; SharePoint; advanced knowledge of Microsoft Teams and experience with virtual event production.
- Requires sitting or standing at will while performing work on a computer (or any other physical requirements). The role requires communication with managers, peers and other colleagues of the company in person (on occasion), and by utilizing Microsoft Teams chat, calling and meeting functions.
- This role requires travel up to 10%.
What We Offer
- A great Team and culture – please see our Recruitment Video.
- An exciting career as an integral part of a world-leading software company providing solutions for architecture, engineering, and construction.
- Competitive Salary and benefits.
- The opportunity to work within a global and diversely international team.
- A supportive and collaborative environment.
- Colleague Recognition Awards.
Bentley is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, religion, national origin, age, or any other protected characteristic. This commitment extends to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, compensation, and training. EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement documents provide additional information about your rights as an applicant under the law.